News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one needs to be silent around the Fords--they create more than enough attention on their own. But I think it's crucial to call out the hypocrisy of the FoFam and for that I (and others, I suspect) won't "just shut up". Turning a blind eye to the malignancy will not make it go away.

goldsbie 11:57pm via Twitter Web Client
Selected guesses as to Doug Ford's mystery endorser (from my mentions): Don Cherry, Lisi, Hologram JFK, Hologram Tupac, Conrad Black…

goldsbie 11:58pm via Twitter Web Client
…Brett Hart, Chris Brown, Donald Trump, Ed the Sock, Talking Subway Train, Patrick Brazeau, Vanilla Ice, Søren Kierkegaard, Justin Bieber…

goldsbie Oct 14, 12:00am via Twitter Web Client
…Thomas the Tank Engine, Pope Francis, Talking Buses, Karla Ford's rabbi, Jose Canseco, Mike Duffy, Harold the Jewelry Buyer, and Slurpy.

Oh, man. I like Jose Canseco as Worst Endorsement Ever because I was a Jays fan starting in the mid-1980s's and have followed the Canseco craziness. But Duffy is probably funnier to a wider audience.

Last edited:
A "Fordian Knot", of sorts :p

Speaking of Fordian NOTs... was just noting that the current slogan for Ford Trucks is: "Smartest. Toughest. Best-in-Class." The FoFam wishful thinking. :D

"Fordian Knot" I love it, but who would be our Alexander, and with what blade would they use?

No one needs to be silent around the Fords--they create more than enough attention on their own. But I think it's crucial to call out the hypocrisy of the FoFam and for that I (and others, I suspect) won't "just shut up". Turning a blind eye to the malignancy will not make it go away.

I'm not sure how people posting/tweeting "Hologram Tupac!" and "Justin Bieber!" equals "calling out the malignancy of FoFam," but hey, knock yourself out. People want to entertain themselves I guess that's their right, but no constructive derailment of the Ford machine is taking place through these jokes.

Doug looked down his nose at endorsements from "political insiders" and "elites" so I don't know who this would be. Does he still think George Chuvalo and the Triumph drummer are some kind of "stars"??

Maybe he's won back Singin' Jimmy -- now that would be something! ;)

So, not a rapist or a crackhead? Maybe Hulk Hogan...

goldsbie 10:32pm via Twitter for Android
Doug Ford's campaign manager-ish person teases biggest endorsement in Toronto's political history: http://t.co/0OMqmdiZkL

They have found a way to resurrect Robert Baldwin Sullivan! On second thought, Dougie is announcing the endorsement of Ebola.

Last edited:
Thank you, Casita. Also, on the AM640 thing: It's not a poll! It's just a freaking button on a radio station website. We could do the same here and produce an opposite result. Neither would produce an accurate snapshot of TO's political mood.

We happen to have a poll of our own, in another thread. I wish this was the actual election result:

Screen shot 2014-10-14 at 2.15.14 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-10-14 at 2.15.14 AM.png
    Screen shot 2014-10-14 at 2.15.14 AM.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 860
By the way, I read this paragraph in story about Kim Il Jong in the Star today. Change a few nouns and it's sound very familiar.

"This bewildering ability to command attention by doing nothing says a lot about the North’s propaganda focus on Kim as the centre of everything. Remove for 40 days the sun around which that propaganda spins and the international media, both traditional and social, exploded with curiosity."

I'm not sure how people posting/tweeting "Hologram Tupac!" and "Justin Bieber!" equals "calling out the malignancy of FoFam," but hey, knock yourself out. People want to entertain themselves I guess that's their right, but no constructive derailment of the Ford machine is taking place through these jokes.

Doug knows it's not about the truth. To me it's about Doug thinking he has the power to call hot steaming bullshit, strawberry ice cream, and expecting people to eat that ice cream with a smile. He got away with it more than once, and that only emboldens a thug. The more people laugh at any of Doug's camping "announcement" and diversionary tactics, the better. AFAIK it's perfectly legal to laugh at Doug, and a still peaceful way to demonstrate that Doug is a bad joke of a candidate. Doug may have the legal right to run as a candidate, but he is entitled to as much respect as he gives this city. Which to me is between nada and zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back