News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great hair if you're watching from the sidelines. ;) I imagine Harper's does the same walking on Parliament Hill in winter. Either that, or blows off entirely.

Isn't this a photo of Rob in better days, wearing his toupee?

View attachment 35753

This Thursday on a special "Fords of Anarchy"...

I broke down and watched Dougie & Karla interview, I think I lost several IQ points from the experience.

There must have been Dougie run ons and such, I'm sure the gag reel is thirty minutes. The question is who is not at least enticed by the smell of cheese and bacon but upset when you find out the cheese is from a can and the bacon is flavoured soy bits from a shaker.

I do give the Oscar nod to Karla for playing the StepFord Wife.

Hairy questions.

Harper's hair looks insane on a large-screen HD tv. What the heck is going on there? I've wondered about Tory's too--is that a toupee?

Actually, many years ago the Fraser Institute purchased a shopping-store mannequin, and Oil Industry technology infused that entity with what passes for life.

That is how Stephen Harper now serves his corporate masters. The unreal hair is just one symptom of this proven fact.

Speaking of "Proven Facts", no corporate interest would create a creature like Doug Ford. Doug the Thug's genesis comes from somewhere below this earthly coil.

Conversion and Faith

It is "theoretically possible" but unlikely - two of the examples given in the article were Czech Jews - i.e. Central European Jews, where they were much more assimilated and conversion was more common. It was practically unheard of in Bukovina a century ago, from where Karla's alleged "Jewish" ancestors hailed.

Peter C. Newman is a Czech Jew who came to Canada with his family in 1940 - and a Catholic priest actually did a "conversion" for the family, knowing that this was just to help them flee the country and not a true embrace of Catholicism.

Yes, and Peter C Newman didn't go on to be an evangelist Christian.

He was right about the unfairness of the Catholic only school funding, too bad he went about it the wrong way. He should have proposed the complete opposite of what he did: merge the public and Catholic systems into a single secular system and leave religious education to private schools. I honestly think that any party leader who proposes that would have the support of most of the population.

I hope/think so too - and yet the fact no one has even tried speaks volumes. I think there's a vocal minority and/or an "elite" group that is shielding what is an obviously unfair and obsolete system. Just look at how deep McGuinty drove the wedge in. To this day I see people going on Twitter, saying how Tory is pro-Creationism. Do they think the Catholic schools we publicly fund skip over the Book of Genesis? Sigh.

As with SmartTrack, one can certainly quibble with the details of Tory's chosen approach but one has to at least admire the broader attempt to change common thinking.

Apologies for sending things off onto the faith-based issue but it's true it does get held up as THE example of Tory's failure; it was an attempt to actually do something progressive within the Progressive Conservatives and for that he was handed his head. My two cents is I don't know why any non-Catholic would support it and the Constitutional issue is a red herring (there is something ironic about small-l liberals telling conservatives that we have to stick to the constitution, even though Quebec, Manitoba and others have found a way through that tunnel). It's a relic of old times, as surely as s.92/93 provide a very poor excuse for the federal government's refusal to engage in funding urban transit and housing....so that brings us almost back on topic, right? Olivia, after all, has tabled at least one private member's bill aimed at a national transit strategy which naturally went nowhere. Can Tory actually extract some sort of ongoing commitment from Ottawa? Doubt it, but he can certainly do better than the Fords, who probably can't even get Harper on the phone anymore.

(One of the many many sad elements of the Scarborough subway debate was that almost no one [including Rob Ford, I'm pretty sure] understood that the money Harper brought to the table was merely an advance on Toronto's portion of a new infrastructure fund. Instead of debating the best way to spend it, Rob spun it as money earmarked specifically for the subway and Harper, happy to stand by Rob and piss on Wynne, played along. Shameful.)

That means if you put 25 random Torontonians in a room, Tory would only have a one-person lead over Ford (9 to 8). Not very inspiring.

It is Forum, which will always show better numbers for Ford.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 8h8 hours ago
Forum's last poll caused a mini-panic by showing Ford down only 2. New poll, Ford down 6, is consistent with its previous findings.

I broke down and watched Dougie & Karla interview, I think I lost several IQ points from the experience.

There must have been Dougie run ons and such, I'm sure the gag reel is thirty minutes. The question is who is not at least enticed by the smell of cheese and bacon but upset when you find out the cheese is from a can and the bacon is flavoured soy bits from a shaker.

I do give the Oscar nod to Karla for playing the StepFord Wife.

It's a bit ironic that as someone who grew up middle class and only married into money, Karla seems to be the only one who gets the concept of just enjoying your wealth while not drawing attention to yourself.

Last edited:
"Jude-ism" probably means that Karla and her girls squeal with joy whenever Jude Law appears on some ET-type show

"The word you won't ever hear me say is 'pussy,' " said Doug Ford in an interview Wednesday. "I mean, pussy---that's just terrible. Pussy is a disgusting word and only a degenerate would even utter it out loud."

... said Doug, uttering it out loud thrice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back