News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no insight into why her ancestors would have been forced to move. If she and they were referred to as Black Irish, it would be for reasons of appearance, not because they were Catholics sympathetic to Britain. Not all dark-haired Irish shared that position, and not all Irish Catholics favourably inclined towards Britain had dark hair; those characteristics might coincide for some. That is all. 'Black Irish' is not a political signifier.

Bull...I'm telling you that was exactly the experience of my ancestors not dark complexion but political alliance....

Thats because Blair and TPS are protecting the Fords!

I await my strongly worded warning letter;)

In fairness, I don't know if it's up to TPS to enforce violations of the elections legislation...I think it would be bylaw officers, though I stand to be corrected?

Clearly there have been elements of TPS protecting the Fords in the past but in this particular instance I think we have to acknowledge they don't roll up to polling stations and throw someone in jail, or give out tickets, for this particular crime. Still, given the evidence it seems pretty clear that by the third try someone should have served notice, officially.

I would enjoyed being a fly on the wall listening to you explain that to My Black Irish grandmother and her explaining why her ancestors were forced to move from County Offaly to County Down to Workington Cumberland...

I thought she moved because of Jewish persecution?

Bull...I'm telling you that was exactly the experience of my ancestors not dark complexion but political alliance....

It's still not the primary meaning of 'Black Irish' - that is universally understood as referring to appearance and predates your grandmother's ancestors' situation.

I thought she moved because of Jewish persecution?

That was another part of the olio of my family ancestry....from the Pale (Voarisavo at least according to border agents) to Scotland (there may still even be a Madman Markovitch carpet monger in Glasgow)...to England (think that was just a departure point)...to Canada...Toronto "The Ward" 10 St Patrick then 106 Agnes then 125 Agnes on to 453 1/2 Yonge to Dermott Place then 387 Parliament and Logan and Danforth while the rest of the family was in Kensington on Oxford working on Augusta as either furriers, tailors or accountants...

Last edited:
Neither of the Fords has ever lived in Ward 2. They live in Ward 4. Domise does not live in Ward 2 now but (unlike either of the Fords) he grew up in Ward 2 (in Rexdale).

McEacheran is a loser who thinks that he has a 'real' job because a couple of dishonest boors are willing to pay him to run errands.

He should start making friends with the kids from the Halloween stores now, since he's going to be spending a lot of time with them in the unemployment line in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Neither of the Fords has ever lived in Ward 2. They live in Ward 4. Domise does not live in Ward 2 now but (unlike either of the Fords) he grew up in Ward 2 (in Rexdale).

McEacheran is a loser who thinks that he has a 'real' job because a couple of dishonest boors are willing to pay him to run errands.

Isn't Stately Ford Mansion on Weston Wood in Ward 2?

He should start making friends with the kids from the Halloween stores now, since he's going to be spending a lot of time with them in the unemployment line in a couple of weeks.

Basso will be showing him the ropes on the shipping dock at Deco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back