News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not a surprise. I recall flying out of Heathrow a few days after the El Al terror attacks in Europe. There was a lot of heavy armoured vehicles surrounding the airport, and soldiers wandering through the terminal carrying (in their hands) automatic weapons. I expect Pearson and Ottawa International are quite sedate in comparison.

I moved to the US just after 9/11. Lots of security around then. I was told to expect much longer than normal time for going through immigration, that there'd be much more stringent checks on all my paperwork, likely interviews (multiple) and all sorts of other stuff.

The actual process? I walked up, with my passport and visa letter, he looked at them for about 5 seconds, stamped them and said "welcome to America." That was it.

I got polled by Forum for the first time ever on Monday. Call came in around 5pm to my cell phone, the number for which has never been a landline, but has been active for around 10 years and has moved among various cell providers in that time. I've never had a landline in my name. The poll was very Thug centred. He was the first option in response to ' Who would you vote for/have you already voted for? ' and a few of the other questions. It's a 416 # and I also get frequent telemarketing/scam calls.
Is your phone number listed?

I had the Forum poll Monday. I had Tory coming up first on one or two questions, and Ford on one question. I suspect it's randomized.

Nope. Shooting at civilians is terrorism, not soldiers. If there is no political motivation, it's not terrorism. This could just be a public shooting spree, which is still very bad, but not the same thing as terrorism.

Shooting at civilians or otherwise harming civilians could still be terrorism. It depends on the motive.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 23s23 seconds ago
Am told tonight's mayoral debate on CTV is still a go. May have to be interrupted for PM Harper's yet-to-be scheduled address.

The right call.

Referring to the possibility that Ford was in business with Lisi and not just a run of the mill user, if it received a bit of shrug in the thread this time, it's perhaps because that ground has been covered quite a few times here since the first ITO was released. For the keeners of UT, many of whom read the ITO releases cover to cover, it was hard not to conclude that they were doing more than just getting together to drink vodka and piss in parks.

My assumption remains that Ford was bankrolling Lisi. Lisi is clearly a guy who likes to get people to pay for things for him (e.g., Range Rover in someone else's name) and Ford is desperate for some cool factor (e.g. he was excluded from his brothers' hash dealing empires back in high school). I would even venture that this aspiration to some kind of messed up street cred has been more important to Ford than any extra money it brings in. Ford and Renata don't lead an extravagant lifestyle - they're addicts who need money for their addictions, their fast food diets, and decent clothing to put some polish on it all. I think it's more about feeling important and independent and to show his brothers he's just as capable as they are ("See Doug? I can sling dope too!")

Not sure if this has been posted here before ...

somegoons.JPG

Attachments

• somegoons.JPG
    somegoons.JPG
    733.7 KB · Views: 1,027
Is your phone number listed?

I had the Forum poll Monday. I had Tory coming up first on one or two questions, and Ford on one question. I suspect it's randomized.

Definitely not listed, doesn't even come up when Googled; and yeah, it definitely could have been randomized as Tory came up first for some of the later questions.

I can't even IMAGINE how RoDoFo would handle this if it happened in Toronto (spits - god forbid). They would release all kinds of information and probably get muzzled by the cops. Not to mention using it to politicize everything.

DoFo would be out directing traffic, creating roadblocks with the Folkswagen and running around bellowing random phrases like 'secure the perimeter!'.

Referring to the possibility that Ford was in business with Lisi and not just a run of the mill user, if it received a bit of shrug in the thread this time, it's perhaps because that ground has been covered quite a few times here since the first ITO was released. For the keeners of UT, many of whom read the ITO releases cover to cover, it was hard not to conclude that they were doing more than just getting together to drink vodka and piss in parks.

My assumption remains that Ford was bankrolling Lisi. Lisi is clearly a guy who likes to get people to pay for things for him (e.g., Range Rover in someone else's name) and Ford is desperate for some cool factor (e.g. he was excluded from his brothers' hash dealing empires back in high school). I would even venture that this aspiration to some kind of messed up street cred has been more important to Ford than any extra money it brings in. Ford and Renata don't lead an extravagant lifestyle - they're addicts who need money for their addictions, their fast food diets, and decent clothing to put some polish on it all. I think it's more about feeling important and independent and to show his brothers he's just as capable as they are ("See Doug? I can sling dope too!")

+1.

Don't forget RoFo's grow op in his basement!

My co-dependent/co-conspirator arrived home around noon and reported "increased police activity" in and out of Moss Park apts.

There's always tons of Co-op cabs parked on the street and in the lot, on Shuter side.

I just pulled N.Klein's Shock Doctrine off the bookshelf for a re-read.

If it were Doug he'd be saying "Never, never, never show up"

I might change my mind and vote for Doug if Rick Astley endorses him.

3652941898_b6f07edecc.jpg

animatronic said:
I was referring to li'l Mikey working for Nunziata. Doug will just say that everyone knows he and Rob aren't brothers and it's insulting to insinuate otherwise.

That is totally disingen..discombobul..dissentery...it's racist, that's absolutely little red apple racist. What, just because Doug has the same last name as Rob, also blonde of hair, and seen together in the same building you assume they're related somehow? Doug likely never even met this "Rob" person you're talking about. Some of you folks are really biased and ignorant sometimes.

edited ps. Maybe David "Dave from Scarberah" Price will be hired on a strong referral instead. I'm still not quite sure what a director of logistics actually do, but I heard the pay rate is great as long as you're loyal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back