News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about it doesn't seem kosher IMO. ...

There's making sure all the ducks are in a row before taking down a big fish, but this is looking more like incompetence, possible dirty cops, or a combo of both...

Maybe TPS really is waiting until the election is over, playing the long game and to avoid looking too political. But there's playing the long game, and then there's just being played. And if TPS is twiddling their thumbs so cancer can catch Rob instead, this town really is cray cray.

I agree that, whatever the reasoning, it doesn't pass the smell test and seems, as someone said a while back 'systemic'. Many higher profile people have been brought down for much, much less than what these guys regularly do in plain sight. Dirty cops, incompetence, long-term big fish approach, these are all strong possibilities but, the more I think about it now, the more I think there must be something else jamming things up.

One thing I keep coming back to is this: If, as reported, caught up in the net they found a video of a judge smoking crack while wearing her judicial robes (WTF???!!!), that would surely be a big enough stick to jam up the gears of justice. Imagine the implications for so many people. If true and I was Chief Blair, there are no words to describe how frustrated and pissed off I would be.

It's got to be something like this. You just don't use 24 hr. surveillance planes etc. to catch crack smokers & park pissers. My bet is that they believed Rob had a good lump of money in the game with Sandro and were going after that. At the very least they could have easily had him multiple times on DUI, domestic battery, mid-level dope drops, not to mention fake bomb threats, influence peddling etc.

Maybe Tuesday morning everybody gets their doors kicked in.

But I think this judge angle could ultimately be the spanner in the works.

I'm torn between celebrating tomorrow night at NPS or keeping my eyes glued to the coverage at home and on this board. Over the last severral months I've been fanatical about this place...coffee first...check UT second....and several more times throughout the day. I echo what others have said; the oddball references, subtle comparisons and breakneck flurry of Ford shennanigans havs resulted in a hell of a thrill ride.

Last night of all things I watched "An American in Paris".....and was startled by the deft skill of....Oscar Levant. Thank you Casita.

As we draw nearer to tomorrow night I'll leave you with this Rofo-apropos...

"It's not a pretty face, I grant you, but underneath its flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character."

I find that people with ridiculous amounts of money tend to do that more at the end who gets hurt though ? not him. I think the Fords should just get out of the limelight they had more than their 15 minutes of fame . Lights are out guys go home lol. Tend to the issues in your houses and fix them. Spend your money on counseling not lawyers, drugs and honest ed vases :p..Their father must be just turning in his grave over all this.

My guess is that Doug Sr was as good a parent as MoFo. In other words he probably wouldn't have cared how his spawn treated it's spawn. Unless said spawn was stealing money.

I need to clarify something. Is the $300,000 specific Doug Ford or does that also include Rob Ford. The money Rob Ford got, did it go to Doug? Is that part of the 300 K

Considering how much more money Chow and Tory raised than Doug. How does it seem like Doug has more ads out there than Chow and Tory? Something seems odd.

Did the Ford donor list look something like this:

Donar : Folks
Amount: What I find I keep

I need to clarify something. Is the $300,000 specific Doug Ford or does that also include Rob Ford. The money Rob Ford got, did it go to Doug? Is that part of the 300 K

Considering how much more money Chow and Tory raised than Doug. How does it seem like Doug has more ads out there than Chow and Tory? Something seems odd.

Did the Ford donor list look something like this:

Donar : Folks
Amount: What I find I keep

Contributions to R Ford's campaign are not transferable to D Ford.
And, yes, Folks could be apropo if in fact all contributions to D Ford's campaign were 24.99 or less. There is no requirement to verifiy or advertise individual names under $25. .....(at least the way I understand the rules)

Has DoFo released an actual donor list, or simply announced some figures but no names?

Star says it has been released to media but don't see it posted anywhere. Would be neat to do a quick comparison against 2010.

Don't forget that RoFo hasn't released his list - presumably a lot of the donations would be in there.

As for the $500k personal amount,
1. It's Doug so he's lying
2. There's his charitable donation, no?
3. Everyone ends in debt but they get retired by a few joint galas post-election
4. He should think of it as an idiot tax

Last edited:
Contributions to R Ford's campaign are not transferable to D Ford.
And, yes, Folks could be apropo if in fact all contributions to D Ford's campaign were 24.99 or less. There is no requirement to verifiy or advertise individual names under $25. .....(at least the way I understand the rules)

The focus seems to be on actual dollars raised but I'm also curious about number of donors. For example, 15,000 donors for a total of $300K might be more cause for concern than lets say 1,000 donors of $1K each. After all, real folks can't afford the 1 large the elitists can.

I also wonder how much of that $300K was raised from "memorabilia", as if we actually need something to remember this spectacle with.

From what I know Lamport, Randy's ex left the City, so the Ford family gets to see the children when they are at Randy's. The son is at the low end of Autism so not noticeable when you just look at him. They don't' give a shit about family they know nothing about each other.

[QUOTE lizangel11;945279]... Wonder if Doug even knows his nephew is Autistic. He made it clear he did not want that house near his with those people.. Thank goodness his nephew does not watch news yet..

How could Doug *not* know Randy 's son, his nephew, was autistic? Consider the business overlap, for a start.

And even if Doug doubts the child's paternity, considering the charity family public service image FoFam tries to portray, his reaction and comments about autistic people become pretty undigestable. Ewww.

To quote the Kat, these are not lovely people.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in knowing what Rob raised. Doug's situation is different, and a lot of people who contributed to Rob might not have contributed to Doug because they're already out of pocket. Remember when Tory and Chow both started they were both talking about how much money they raised right off the bat? Doug started in September and I bet he barely raised any money from Mama's pizza party or the other tacky events he held. Soknacki hardly raised any money but that's because nobody knew him.

The RFMG/DFMG sit-in ends at 6 tomorrow. Hoping to stop by and also to go to FrodFest and possibly NPS. Finally, the end is in sight and hopefully it's a good ending!

Folks, had you been paying attention, you'd have seen my Steak Queen photo I took about a month ago.

Steak Queen is owned by several hard-working Afghani brothers. They didn't like the "negative" press Rob Ford gave them and are possibly suffering from slower business as a result. Go check out their joint--it's a fairly typical lower end greasy spoon.

Zet's is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back