News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Oshawa today and I was reminded of the Ford election party video. I think either one of them would easily become Mayor of Oshawa with 99.9% of the votes.

ROTFLMAO!

Chrysler-Workers-Drinking.jpg

At least the GM workers don't behave like Chrysler workers. Whew!

"Oshawa: Prepare to be amazed"
http://www.oshawa.ca/culturecounts/

"Like I say, I've never been to Oshawa. The difference for me is that, unlike Hamilton, I can't think of one single reason to go."
https://www.raisethehammer.org/blog/1310/oshawas_slow_self-destruction

Attachments

• Chrysler-Workers-Drinking.jpg
    Chrysler-Workers-Drinking.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 873
Yeah, I'll wait until I hear it from a reliable source

Indeed. Note that Wormy said that Rob has been diagnosed with "pneumonia" and prescribed a "heavy dose of antibiotics". That certainly sounds "plausible" and perhaps even "accurate". It may even be that Rob's "tumour" has remained "stable" with chemo as opposed to "growing" or it simply hasn't "responded" at all.

Of course, all these "quotes" tend to make Wormy read as if he's placing "air quotes" around all these phrases.

I expect the "hilarious" effect is somewhat "unintentional".

Indeed. Note that Wormy said that Rob has been diagnosed with "pneumonia" and prescribed a "heavy dose of antibiotics". That certainly sounds "plausible" and perhaps even "accurate". It may even be that Rob's "tumour" has remained "stable" with chemo as opposed to "growing" or it simply hasn't "responded" at all.

Of course, all these "quotes" tend to make Wormy read as if he's placing "air quotes" around all these phrases.

I "agree" completely.

Re: Today's Warmington On Ford

Nice of Rob to tell the public that they should call 911 everytime they notice anything suspicious, no matter how minor. If there's one thing emergency services really needs, it's for a Ford Nation idiot to call 911 every time they see a brown person in an unfamiliar head covering doing a double take when they get out of their car at the gas station.

~~~

Until then he’s still working, albeit from home. He is still the mayor until Dec. 2 and said he is trying his best to do what he can.

One example came Thursday when the RCMP told QMI that ISIS terror networks had specifically made threats on Canadian institutions and police. Ford said top of mind for him is citizen safety.

"I think I want to remind people if they see something unusual to not hesitate and call 911. Even if it looks minor, it’s best that they don’t take any chances and call."

The "pneumonia" must be "pneumonia lite" if he gets to go home with some "antibiotics" and get back at the "chemo" on "Monday" ...
All things equal he should be feeling better by Monday (unless it's viral, or completely bullshit), but he'd still need to finish the course, (7 days typically) before they'd start another round of chemo. (Round three will be a new mix, based on the no change thing, probably nastier.)

In all seriousness, it sucks to be you Rob... Having been arrested would have been plenty for me, actually having that second Judge not overturn your removal would have been enough, but the C is coming for you... Hope all your paperwork is in order. Make your kids proud in the mean time. From that vid, little Doug seems like a good kid, not sure how, but like his sister says (sorta) don't F that up big guy...

For clarity, said the mayor, Dr. Zane Cohen or one of his colleagues will be available to the media Monday to clarify exactly what is happening.

That is who I want to hear from. Until then, Joe just wants to drum up sympathy.

I was in Oshawa today and I was reminded of the Ford election party video. I think either one of them would easily become Mayor of Oshawa with 99.9% of the votes.

Wow! Oshawa must have changed since I lived there. Granted, we (the demographic) *looked* FN-ish even then...but while I was there we elected the first Liberal in 47 years (Ivan Grose) to Ottawa. He was still in when I left and I haven't kept up...but I just figured it would swing back NDP. It is a Union town...(didn't it?!)

Municipally though - hmmm, maybe so (eep). For the sake of one of my erstwhile hometowns, please don't anybody suggest it to them :D

"Like I say, I've never been to Oshawa. The difference for me is that, unlike Hamilton, I can't think of one single reason to go."

So that's why you never came to visit... hmmmpf! :p :D

Bwaaah! I "find" this "hilarious" :D))) (as well as "informative" - thanks) :)

Joking aside, Tory should really do this plus the cop, ex cop and police dog. You really never know what you will find. Maybe even bedbugs??

Then, when all that's done, maybe they can bring in David Miller and his broom. Just for a day

This will age me, but I went to an Oshawa Generals game when Eric Lindros was still a minor league hockey player. I had a puck he used, but lost it...

"Much to my annoyance, we can only get CBC, and since our cable provider switched to HD, we can't even get that, on the older TV. Which means I tend to tune in for Rick Mercer Report and This Hour has 22 Minutes, if the timing's right - and occasionally Hockey Night in Canada (or what will be left of it on CBC :'( . So I don't see many Canadian political ads. I did see some during the last federal election and was a little shocked to see the vitriol ramped up to something a bit closer to the US style attack ads from the way campaigns were being run when I left home." (Posted by Racquette)

Everyone: I want to make note of something that I have noticed from both of the New York City area's two prime Cable TV outlets:
Optimum (Cablevision,Inc.) www.optimum.net and Time Warner Cable www.timewarnercable.com is that both services do not carry
any of Canada's networks or cable channels even though both companies carry outside cable networks from around the world...

I feel that they should at least carry one of Canada's cable or free TV networks in their World Wide coverage and I am considering
contacting each to ask why and what would it take for either one to add Canadian cable networks to their channel lineups...
This would perhaps helped follow Toronto's Election more closely from afar...

LI MIKE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back