News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not clear that DoFo actually wants to win the leadership vs manufacture a loss in order to launch a protest party.
Splitting the right worked magically federally for a good number of years. Go Doug Go!

Considering that the Libs won a majority by only 4 seats, the outcome would have been quite different had the PCs won just a few Toronto ridings.
I think their majority is actually 9 seats.

Jian Ghomeshi, Rob Ford and the cost of Canadian politeness
http://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/col...ian-politeness

This just reminds me of how awful a person Ford is. No, he wasn't a predator and his behaviour was fueled by addiction, but damn, his staff and even press kept stuff quiet because Mayor. I just got into a huge FB fight over "how dare you compare Ford to Ghomeshi" by just mentioning how the inner circles of both kept their boss' behaviour hush hush.

This just reminds me of how awful a person Ford is. No, he wasn't a predator and his behaviour was fueled by addiction, but damn, his staff and even press kept stuff quiet because Mayor. I just got into a huge FB fight over "how dare you compare Ford to Ghomeshi" by just mentioning how the inner circles of both kept their boss' behaviour hush hush.

Though Ghomeshi ultimately isn't elected to, as part of his responsibility - to uphold the law. Expectations should be proportionate to the power wielded.

AoD

The police were supposed to release documents related to the 18 officers used to investigate the break in and assault at 15 Windsor Rd. by November 5. There's nothing in the press about it. Shall we assume they appealed?

It's like media couldn't care any longer to look into this since the Fords will soon be out of power. I hear they're checking on it now though.

To be fair he is still MINO for 23.5 days. Expect for this sort of behaviour to continue as Ward 2 Councillor though.

Andray Domise ‏@AndrayDomiseTO 1m1 minute ago
Same dude who toked up crack with neighborhood kids, lied about it for half a year, then did it again is disappointed w/ Council #TOpoli
Andray Domise ‏@AndrayDomiseTO 1m1 minute ago
I'm sure every councillor is just devastated they let him down.

Put cold water on the burn.

Tory gets Joe Pennachetti to remain as City Manager until end of April. Star notes": " He said he had previously been “pretty firm†about his decision to leave, even when councillors urged him to reconsider. But he made the decision under Mayor Rob Ford. “It was a long four years,†he said.

I bet it was.

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/...19346892660737

Rob, or should I say his staff, issued a statement about expenses in an effort to be noticed.

You know what is disappointing, take a look at the General expense ledger, each Councillor has an amount allocated for one newsletter a year...
The councillors that did not take advantage of this perk in their run for reelection were
Grimes
Mammo
Perruzza
Pasternak
Nunziata
Doucette
Perks
Davis
Ainslie
Problem is if you go over to Constituency Service and Office expense you will find newsletters expensed by
Grimes
Perruzza
Nunziata
Doucette
Davis (however she was very sly about it, not producing a single all encompassing Ward letter but several area targeted)
Ainslie
So the reality is the only Councillors not to use their expense accounts in what could be preceived as an effort for reelection were Mammoliti (surprisingly), Pasternak (however you might want to take a look at advertising and promotion) and Perks (kind of expected)...

It's like media couldn't care any longer to look into this since the Fords will soon be out of power. I hear they're checking on it now though.

Agreed. As soon as the cancer diagnosis came out the press started going easy on rofo. Until then we all heard about the peripheral players regularly too. The sun sent a "reporter" to bracebridge court for pumpkin's first two appearances then crickets. Same with Kathy's court dates.The union at CH was investigating the fake bombscare then... nothing. I'm not sure one family can stifle the whole press and
police force but it's looking that way. The integrity commission is slow but an update is in order. When you add it up it boggles the mind.

Agreed. As soon as the cancer diagnosis came out the press started going easy on rofo. Until then we all heard about the peripheral players regularly too. The sun sent a "reporter" to bracebridge court for pumpkin's first two appearances then crickets. Same with Kathy's court dates.The union at CH was investigating the fake bombscare then... nothing. I'm not sure one family can stifle the whole press and
police force but it's looking that way. The integrity commission is slow but an update is in order. When you add it up it boggles the mind.

It's 24/7 Gomeshi now instead. Most people I know hadn't even heard of him before all this coverage.

Rofo won't be the first!

http://theweek.com/article/index/271456/speedreads-dead-man-elected-in-washington-state

Dead man elected in Washington state

Criminal charges won't stop you from getting elected in America, and apparently neither will death: State Rep. Roger Freeman of the 30th District in Washington handily won his re-election on Tuesday — but he won't take office again because he died in October.

At the time of his death, about 15 percent of the district's voters had already mailed in their ballots. And by the time Election Day came around, many voters were not aware that Freeman had died, and apparently voted for the incumbent or along party lines anyway.

Freeman is not the first official to be elected posthumously. In 2010, Missouri voters accidentally elected a man who had likewise died in October, while in 1998 a woman won a runoff election in late August after dying in mid-July. And in 2013, an Oregon man was elected to his city council five months after his death, though in that case the victory was an intentional gesture of respect rather than the result of misinformation. - - Bonnie Kristian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back