News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the German army at the end of WWI... Ford Nation

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/ends.htm

Under the terms of the Armistice, the German Army was allowed to remain intact and was not forced to admit defeat by surrendering. U.S. General John J. Pershing had misgivings about this, saying it would be better to have the German generals admit defeat so there could be no doubt. The French and British were convinced however that Germany would not be a threat again.

The failure to force the German General Staff to admit defeat would have a huge impact on the future of Germany. Although the Army was later reduced in size, its impact would be felt after the war as a political force dedicated to German nationalism, not democracy.

The German General Staff also would support the false idea that their Army had not been defeated on the battlefield, but could have fought on to victory, except for being betrayed at home, the infamous 'Stab in the Back' theory.

This 'Stab in the Back' theory would become hugely popular among many Germans who found it impossible to swallow defeat. During the war, Adolf Hitler became obsessed with this idea, especially laying blame on Jews and Marxists in Germany for undermining the war effort. To Hitler, and so many others, the German politicians who signed the Armistice on November 11th, 1918, would become known as the "November Criminals."

After the Armistice, the remnants of the German Army straggled home from the Front to face tremendous uncertainty.

One thing I heard. That plea deal Sandro rejected came with strings attached. It was one year in exchange for testifying against Ford.

One thing I heard. That plea deal Sandro rejected came with strings attached. It was one year in exchange for testifying against Ford.

I guess this rules out pretty much any Ford related drama during Sandro's court appearance.
He'll take the fall for the big guy and get paid handsomely for it.

Did anyone else get a robocall from Doug last night? I hung up right away but I assume it was for his candidate for leader. I can't imagine why he thinks his support for a candidate matters, unless of course, he's just keeping the door open for his return to politics. Yuck.

Did anyone else get a robocall from Doug last night? I hung up right away but I assume it was for his candidate for leader. I can't imagine why he thinks his support for a candidate matters, unless of course, he's just keeping the door open for his return to politics. Yuck.

He's holding another event for Elliot tonight in Scarborough, Scarborough, Scarborooooough

I was a a community meeting in another ward within the last month. Tory and a number of councillors were there. Shortly after the meeting began, Rob Ford walked in the back of the room and stood in the back corner. All media in attendance literally scrambled rand ran to the the back of the room and crowded around him and ignored John Tory completely and it became a huge distraction.

I'm just curious what everyone here thinks. Who do you blame for this?

I was a a community meeting in another ward within the last month. Tory and a number of councillors were there. Shortly after the meeting began, Rob Ford walked in the back of the room and stood in the back corner. All media in attendance literally scrambled rand ran to the the back of the room and crowded around him and ignored John Tory completely and it became a huge distraction.

Subways.

I blame the media. Rob is an attention whore, and the journos are playing his cheesy game. They need to get over it. Rob is a councillor and should be treated as such. He can't be a mayoral candidate again for almost four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back