News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think how much quicker council will flow without having to record every damn vote and having obstructionist holds placed on irrelevant items!

How about just separating ward 2 and leave the rest of us in Etobicoke alone. Many of us actually prefer professionalism and good governance, not ford brand neo conservatism.

The rest of Etobicoke isn't any good either. What about Crisanti, Grimes? The only good councillor Etobicoke has had in a while was Peter Leon. Of course that was only possible because he was appointed. Good candidates can never win in Etobicoke, and that same ward went on to elect Stephen Holyday (yuck).

Is there a Mascarin, Rust D'eye, Ha-Redeye or anyone with municipal law knowledge posting in this forum? If so please tell me if I'm correct in the fact a single elector can petition the Ontario Superior Court to declare a Council seat vacant whether there is a seating member or not. Wow, if so, that is pretty finicky recall legislation
Am I misreading or has my selective dyslexia kicked in because when I read Section 210 and 211 of CoTA that is the conclusion I come to.

Last edited:
"I'll sit in the stands and I'll flash a 'yes' or 'no' vote on every single vote that comes up, even though it won't be counted," Doug Ford, a former councillor, told CBC News on Friday. "They'll need scalpers outside city hall because it will be a full house if I get down there."
I have no words.

Sounds to me like disruption of council votes, or even vote influencing. Grounds to be banned from the gallery.

Brother working in brother's office... nepotism.

It would actually be in violation of the Act.
Maybe the Fords should declare themselves an autonomous collective so they can substitute themselves at will.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like disruption of council votes, or even vote influencing. Grounds to be banned from the gallery.

My thoughts exactly.

Ian MacIntyre
@MrIanMacIntyre
1. Rob suggests Doug fill in for him
2. Rules don't allow this, Fords cry conspiracy
3. Doug allowed to fill in
4. Media cycle dominated

I really do hope that this doesn't come to pass...

Christ almighty. For a little while there, it seemed like the media was finally ignoring the shitshow, and now it's back in full force. The sheer hubris of the Ford family is unbelievable. I hope they don't get away with this latest effrontery, but I have to worriedly echo what someone has already said: Council may not be stupid enough to ok a farce like allowing Thug to pitch-hit for Slob during the latter's absence, but they're surely gutless enough.

Council never bent over backwards when Moeser and Mammo were dealing with medical issues. The seats simply remained empty and no one voted on behalf of their wards.

So, IP address 91.209.11.236, stop trying to hack into my Urban Toronto account. Thank you kindly.

Council never bent over backwards when Moeser and Mammo were dealing with medical issues. The seats simply remained empty and no one voted on behalf of their wards.

On the contrary, they extended the courtesy of not declaring the seats vacant, even though it was well within their rights to do so. In fact, some might say they were obliged to do so and didn't.

But Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti said he will “spearhead†the idea since “when I was off in 2013 for almost a year because of brain surgery, not very much got done in Ward 7 and that was not fair to the constituents.â€

Y'know, if "not very much got done", and even accounting for "unforeseen personal circumstances", that may say more about Mammoliti's incompetence at setting up an office staff structure that could handle the necessary duties (and I'm talking about basic necessary meat and potatoes, not grandstanding on behalf of subways) in his absence.

Ditto with Rob Ford. Responsibly speaking, the Office of the Councillor for Ward 2 should be in charge for the interrim. Notwithstanding whether the individuals in charge of said office are up to the task. (Back in the Adirenne Batra days, I presume the transition would've been more seamless.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back