News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Still seems to be quite a bit of work to be done on the cladding, podium, and of course the interiors. Wonder when move-in dates start and when we can expect the Metro to reopen.

This whole scene is just a total ClusterF#&k, in my opinion.
DJI_0433-HDR.jpg

Eh, the building isn't pretty but its the random brick patches that move this from being a bottom of the mid-tier category to just WTF and a stain on downtown.

Hopefully someone goes up on the parking lot beside the blank wall though because those things are a travesty in my opinion. They should either FORCE murals as a condition of that tight to the lot line or force articulation/set-backs and windows.

Rideau has turned out quite terribly over the last 20 years, almost exclusively thanks to Claridge, with a little Ashcroft as the rotten cherry on top. At least the Rideau facing ground level is above average, far better than the Plazas.

Parking lot + LCBO owned by Rimap, buildings of the AC, Moxy and Renaissance Marriotts u/c around the Downtown area.

I am dating an Azerbaijani student who has only been here since September. Her first apartment was on Rideau in one of the Claridge Plazas. She broke her lease within a month and moved over to Hull because she was traumatized by living on Rideau. She said she could never have imagined life in Canada to be like that.

I HATE THESE RANDOM PATCHES. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP. I agree that without the random patches, it would've been very meh, mid-tier OK looking building. But with them, it just becomes ugly and mismatched... like What Were They Thinking?

I HATE THESE RANDOM PATCHES. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP. I agree that without the random patches, it would've been very meh, mid-tier OK looking building. But with them, it just becomes ugly and mismatched... like What Were They Thinking?
I'd really like a conversation with the architect or someone from Claridge to try and understand wtf they are thinking. Are they trolling us, or they truly think this is a masterpiece? Save your money, make it uniform.

Back