News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if by "meetings", Sharon means buttonholing these poor people in the elevator or bathroom or something and ranting at them until they call security to get her out of the building.

Please do not let Sarah Thompson's name get caught up in your delusions. She's Toronto's safest and surest bet for future subway expansion. Yes EXPANSION, not fixing what is not broken. Build out more lines, especially new ones and less people will crowd onto the existing lines; meaning less people to pause the service for when boarding, meaning that your plan really has no purpose. You will never stop someone from killing themselves if they are determined to so and I do not want my taxpayer dollars go to towards a silly barrier that someone really determined to jump will just jump over. And let's not start on the insipid madness of having trains zip back and forth on the same one line of track, killing far more people from head-on collisions. The end!

This is my concern to, despite the image of politicians, they work incredible hours and Sharon if she is to believed is taking valuable resources away from more viable and sensible projects.

Sharon, for the sake of transit in this city, if you are really getting all these meetings and wasting time and resources, please stop until we have more transit expansion. Otherwise your project that you keep saying is for the public good comes off as a pet project and ego trip.

Or if you want to be involved with Transit, come up with more viable ideas that don't break safety violations or go against basic physics!

oh good now Sharon is on the SUN msg boards :mad:

Sharon Yetman Report CommentMarch 8th 2010, 6:12pm
Hi, I am the Dragon's Den gal who did Nov 4th on Platform Safety. I want to inform everyone that I have met with the Chief City Manager of Toronto and I blew him out of the water with awesome innovation. I now have a pending meeting with the Chief Manager of TTC, who soon is also about to be amazed. I have uncovered that what was once considered too expensive, unfeasible, and nonsensicle, is now available TODAY AND WILL BE THE NEW FOUND KEY TO MOVING THE MASSES, .....SAFE , EFFICIENCT,.... AND RELIABLE. Inefficiency and unreliability problems have been KEY ISSUES NEVER ADDRESSED. It has taken an outsider (now 2 years to solve). TTC is too busy going around putting fires out to solve anything. THIS IS ALL ABOUT TO CHANGE. Sharon.

She should tell them about her idea of skipping half the stations and see how that goes down on the message boards.

I don't mind my taxdollars going to pay for proper full height barriers that will prevent intrusions into the track level, which is proven in effectiveness. What I would not want is any thought given to this unworkable scheme.

And yes, I would encourage her to take an active role on the SUN forums - preferably do so on a full time basis.

AoD

Last edited:
I now have a pending meeting with the Chief Manager of TTC, who soon is also about to be amazed.

So was she lying last August when she told her local rag she met with with Gary Webster for 20 minutes:

http://www.cottagecountrynow.ca/news/article/402367--tv-mom-hopes-to-sell-safety-to-ttc

""During that meeting I spoke with Gary Webster, chief general manager for the TTC, for 20 minutes.

"When I told him I knew how many preventable deaths there are in the system I saw his demeanor drop," she said. "

Or is she lying now about this pending first time meeting?

As she's demonstrated numerous times on this thread, she needs to keep better track of which fantasies she's publicized because it makes it too easy for others to demonstrate how she's just making it up as she goes along.

I suspect Miller's big announcement this morning was originally to let the world know about Sharon's amazing invention, but then something happened and he wasn't allowed to speak of it publicly, so instead he pulled some budget news out of his hat.

No, what actually happened was that Giambrone was going to reveal it as the central plank of his mayoralty campaign, but reactionary forces at the TTC got ahold of the news and planted evidence of sexting in order to discredit Sharon's amazing innovation.

seriously, how starved is our media to give this lady so much coverage?

Ah the 24 hour news cycle, you gotta love it!

Made some numbers crunching... ExpressABC method gives next to nothing in improvement of Express method. But complexity of that ABC method is unbelievable. 23% of improvement for Express method is pretty good but it's only for the Finch-Bloor stretch.

chart.png

That still doesn't address how travel in both directions will be obtained without adding a third track, or multiple crossovers.

Hmm... 7 minutes of staring at the white tile at Eglinton. That sure makes for a fun trip.

subway safety

Made some numbers crunching... ExpressABC method gives next to nothing in improvement of Express method. But complexity of that ABC method is unbelievable. 23% of improvement for Express method is pretty good but it's only for the Finch-Bloor stretch.

chart.png

Victor,

This was wonderful work. You got it.

This is my last TTC map design but instead, I call it instead of ABC , it is 1, 2 3, And the instrustruction are basic for all directions.

You simply depart from the station number you need to arrive at during rush hour.

Example: If you need to arrive at a station 1 , you must depart from a station 1, If you need to arrive at a station 2, you depart from a station 2, and if you need to arrive at a station 3, you depart from a station 3.

Within the system you obviously have certain ALL TRAIN STOPS STATIONS.

Once again, this is station skipping pattern is only for Rush Hour. There also is a particular pattern for Rush Hour Going Home too.

Next week, Mr. Gary Webster will be learning of this for the first time, along with Mr. Steven O'Brien.

Of course station skipping can only be offered with platform safety. Which is the key that I hold.

There are other benefits to "separated passenger flow", which I reserve to my meetings with Gary and Steve separately.

Check out the Chile System. There is an article in Railpage, that explains how station skipping has achieved higher capacity improvement to that of ATO, and they only use a every second stop method. They also provide it without platform safety, so presumably all their station platforms are pretty large, and further limits the speed to which train by-pass a station.

The other most important piece that people seem to be missing is the fact that Toronto is SHUT DOWN an average of 2.23 hours every single week, due to deaths, accidents, track fires, door jams, unauthorized persons in the pit etc.

SAFETY SOLVES ALL OF THAT. So the solutions are many. But the key ones are RELIABILITIY, EFFICIENCY AND COST SAVING. hUMAN LIFE, IS THE EXTRA BONUS.

bY THE WAY, WHERE DID YOU COME UP WITH 20 MINUTES, FROM fINCH TO yONGE AND bLOOR?

Also, I am looking for an article that I read, which I am trying to refind, Can anyone help me. The article suggests, that unless Yonge and Bloor is fixed, ie. a double sided platform or whatever, then and only then can the benefits of ATO can be derived.

Sharon.

Next week, Mr. Gary Webster will be learning of this for the first time, along with Mr. Steven O'Brien.

So you are saying you lied to your local rag last summer when you said:

http://www.cottagecountrynow.ca/news/article/402367--tv-mom-hopes-to-sell-safety-to-ttc

""During that meeting I spoke with Gary Webster, chief general manager for the TTC, for 20 minutes.

"When I told him I knew how many preventable deaths there are in the system I saw his demeanor drop," she said. "

Further, have you done the math for the extra commuting time for people to backtrack to get to a station where the train will serve their destination? You aren't saving any time if you have to wait for a northbound train, travel north for one or two stops then wait for a southbound train that will then save a couple of minutes.

Or for those heading to Bloor (or any station south, presumably all served by your stations skipping trains), have you done the math for the extra wait for a train that will actual stop at their initial station? Only one third of the time will the next train actually stop for you, so the majority of the time, you have to wait an additional one or two cycles while struggling with all your might to avoid falling into the pit of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back