News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Or perhaps just continue west on Sheppard all the way to Weston, and perhaps beyond. Finch could get a streetcar ROW like St. Clair or BRT if need be.

You mean like this:

The alignment I chose follows underneath Packard Blvd. which runs on a diagonal from the McCowan/Brimorton area to Ellesmere near Borough Approach West, where it then curves east to meet the existing transit hub before rejoining McCowan via cutting through the Town Centre parking lot.

Those are some sharp cures man. Not sure the TTC would be down for that. The question is, what if the Sheppard Subway actually gets built? And as a result the subway gets cut back to STC? How would you integrate the two subway lines?

You mean like this:

The alignment I chose follows underneath Packard Blvd. which runs on a diagonal from the McCowan/Brimorton area to Ellesmere near Borough Approach West, where it then curves east to meet the existing transit hub before rejoining McCowan via cutting through the Town Centre parking lot.

Never will happen as its too costly and will take longer to be built. The curves are the killers and will low the speed of trains.

You may see a shift to the west of McCowan by STC, but not that much.

Using Yorkdale as a precedent, the subway should remain on McCowan and the mall should build itself out to the subway station. Remember, that the "town centre" exists on both sides of McCowan - the mall is just one side of it. There are / will be office workers on the other side of McCowan who will also want easy access to the station.

Never will happen as its too costly and will take longer to be built. The curves are the killers and will low the speed of trains.

You may see a shift to the west of McCowan by STC, but not that much.

Using Yorkdale as a precedent, the subway should remain on McCowan and the mall should build itself out to the subway station. Remember, that the "town centre" exists on both sides of McCowan - the mall is just one side of it. There are / will be office workers on the other side of McCowan who will also want easy access to the station.

The srt alignment is cheaper and there is a bus terminal there already.

Surely it would be cheaper to keep the subway up McCowan, than to put in all thend to match the SRT alignment through Scarborough Centre.

There will not be a stop at STC on the McCowan alignment. Sheppard and McCowan is the middle of nowhere. There only problem with the SRT alignment is that it opens up the Sheppard Subway debate. McCowan fits more nicely with the SELRT.

.. of course there will be an STC stop with the McCowan alignment.. Likely just shifted a bit east and pointed north-south instead of east-west. I suspect the station will be built in the parking lot in front of the Ciniplex.

.. of course there will be an STC stop with the McCowan alignment.. Likely just shifted a bit east and pointed north-south instead of east-west. I suspect the station will be built in the parking lot in front of the Ciniplex.
If the subway gets built in place of LRT, I expect a new bus terminal and setup will take place to the east of the current location.

It will be a longer walking distance to get to STC from both new terminals and station.

Still the wrong choice going subway.

There will not be a stop at STC on the McCowan alignment.
I wouldn't think so, I'd assume the station would be on McCowan, or just west of it, where McCowan passes under the SRT. But you are the one who posted in response to the location of the station "The srt alignment is cheaper and there is a bus terminal there already."

Sheppard and McCowan is the middle of nowhere.
It's not particularly dense, however it provides an interchange with Line 7. More importantly, it gets past the 401, so all the buses don't have to get stuck trying to cross it to Scarborough Centre. Presumably there would be a large bus terminal at Sheppard/McCowan for transit north of the 401.

Last edited:
There's no need to veer off of McCowan to reach STC. They can just move the station to the east side of the mall. Between Ellesmere & the 401 the tunnel could move just west of the road (rather than directly beneath it) to bring it closer to the mall if necessary.

There's no need to veer off of McCowan to reach STC. They can just move the station to the east side of the mall. Between Ellesmere & the 401 the tunnel could move just west of the road (rather than directly beneath it) to bring it closer to the mall if necessary.
I agree. Not quite sure where denfromoakvillemilton is going with this.

I agree. Not quite sure where denfromoakvillemilton is going with this.

Ha, maybe they've never actually been to STC.

If the subway is built, the connection between the mall and station might be like Yorkdale (except probably underground rather than above ground).

Couldn't the subway veer west at McCowan/Ellesmere and pass under the wood lot and then Borough Drive, to put the station under the parking lot? Or am I looking at outdated images?

Couldn't the subway veer west at McCowan/Ellesmere and pass under the wood lot and then Borough Drive, to put the station under the parking lot? Or am I looking at outdated images?

Yes that's what I mean. Roughly like this:

r1CPghQ.png

Back