News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I do not think people in Canada are advocating sending people to jail for like 10 years for drug possession.

No, but the moment you get into the criminal system the likelihood of getting a decent job drops substantially. So if Jamal Manning of Scarborough gets a criminal record, even if there is only a very minor jail sentence (or even none at all), for minor possession he is that much more likely to get sucked into some two bit criminal enterprise. The really annoying part is that these petty drug charges are applied and prosecuted in a manner that would appear to specifically target black people.

Unmentioned in the WSJ article, but every bit as true, would be the link between gang finances and the drug trade. 60% of firearms in the city I believe come from the USA and nearly each of these is in turn financed by illicit drug sales.

for minor possession he is that much more likely to get sucked into some two bit criminal enterprise

Well Mr. Manning of Scarborough well find there are many profitable criminal enterprises that do not result in the blatant disregard of human life...
or shooting up people in a subway.

Imo I know one person who had their lives ruined with small drug charges and now they sell illegal bollywood dvds...

I am not one of this unforgiving law and order types. You know the type who thinks everyone should follow every single law and a person who breaks even the smallest of laws should be severely punished.

So please, stop playing "they had no other choice" card. They had a choice and they made the wrong one and now they shall be severely punished for it.

So please, stop playing "they had no other choice" card. They had a choice and they made the wrong one and now they shall be severely punished for it.
Ohh, I didn't mean to play that card. If someone starts a shootout in the subway by all means lock 'em up and throw away the key. Tag parolees with subcutaneous GPS trackers. Crack some skulls, dare I say. What I was saying is that we know, quite definitively, that certain policy choices (our narcotics laws) predispose large chunks of our society towards a path of criminality.

I agree with that ^^^^ and that is why Drug laws should not get more tough (apart for the real dangerous ones like Crystal Meth)

However when people make that final choice (shooting in public), no sympathy or compassion should be shown towards them for what so ever reason.
I say this because the whole leftie crowd was up in arms over the Jane Creba trial, how someone who did not kill her was charged with murder.
Who cares, he was involved in the fight that led to her death, I see no difference. :mad:

Please show compassion and sympathy to those who deserve and truly need it.

^
They've existed for quite a while.
epson_02l.jpg

bye bye privacy...

Back