News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Progress as of October 8th

2927282517_3f98133dd6_o.jpg

Any updates on when this will/might open? Is it going to be two-way up to Front only or will they convert Simcoe into a two-way street north of Front also?

I noticed there where setting up poles for lights at Simcoe and Bremner the other day. Also noticed they still had some trenches in the roadway, I'm willing to bet we'll see it in open sometime in the new year.

The bridge looks very clean relative to other pictures.

I take it there's no tentative date set yet

The bridge looks very clean relative to other pictures.

I take it there's no tentative date set yet

it looks like they painted it.

C'mon, the damned thing shouldn't take more than a day of sustained work to finish. Just get it opened already! Or is it now too cold to pour asphalt?

C'mon, the damned thing shouldn't take more than a day of sustained work to finish. Just get it opened already! Or is it now too cold to pour asphalt?

the ground is covered in snow & the ground is also frozen.

if the roadway is currently paved with a cement layer, all that's required to pave it with asphalt is a about 2 days of good weather, one day for base coat, one day for top coat. then they need to paint traffic lines.

if the roadway is currently only aggregate, it's saturated with water (ice) and they probably have to wait 'till a good period of good weather to pave it, like in spring.

this thing is really behind schedule, haha. such is the case with most construction though, especially when governments are involved.

it's really unfortunate how much toronto's winters slow down any form of construction. perhaps not so much for towers, but its a shame to see construction workers fighting the cold, or not working at all because of it.

this tunnel and the bloor-yorkville beautification are certainly victims. i'd hate to see what the gardiner take dow east of jarvis (if it ever happens) will look like in the winter!

Opening this could impact traffic flow in the core - I say it's too risky! It's just going to make it more attractive for people living in Infinity to buy a car! Where are the HOV lanes? I heard they're selling this tunnel to a Spanish consortium! Simcoe should be one way southbound on holidays, and one way westbound at tea time! I wish this road had been a couple storeys taller - it looks stubby! This road's just like every other boxy road in Toronto! Can't they get someone other than Clewes to design roads? They sure cheaped out on the asphalt, I thought the first rendering showed carnelian onyx? Adam Vaughan is trying to shut down this road. When my property tax bill comes in for 2009 if I find that the Millerites have been driving their limos back and forth on Simcoe prematurely wearing out this road, I'm going to write to the Toronto Sun.

Burrrrrrrrrrrp.

Sorry.

This is from Andrew3D's update dated December 29, 2007.

2147996490_f772565392_o.jpg

The thing is completely excavated and simply requires pouring a cement base and putting down a little asphalt.

Back