Actually, it is a single lane. The "lane" to the right is actually an extra wide sidewalk paved with asphalt.

That part is clearly sidewalk. Im referring to the part on the road itself.

Capture3.JPG

That part is clearly sidewalk. Im referring to the part on the road itself.

As I said before, this looks like they have left room for future growth, in the event they want to add additional traffic or turn lanes, or to accommodate any changes to the roundabout intersection if/when the LRT comes through there. Square One Drive is a key part of the City's Downtown street framework. I haven't seen it in person yet so I could be wrong, it could serve an entirely different purpose (what's the temporary sign with the concrete base say?), but it is common to over-design and over-build roads to plan for the future. Could also be some what of a traffic calming measure to control the flow of traffic into the roundabout.

Last edited:
As I said before, this looks like they have left room for future growth, in the event they want to add additional traffic or turn lanes, or to accommodate any changes to the roundabout intersection if/when the LRT comes through there. Square One Drive is a key part of the City's Downtown street framework. I haven't seen it in person yet so I could be wrong, it could serve an entirely different purpose (what's the temporary sign with the concrete base say?), but it is common to over-design and over-build roads to plan for the future. Could also be some what of a traffic calming measure to control the flow of traffic into the roundabout.
The roundabout will be removed when the LRT is built.

-Indigo is now open.
-Indigo Spirit has closed and is currently packing up.
-Nepresso is opening in the former Porsche showroom (from the building permit posted there)
-Ever New is opening in the corridor between Hudsons Bay and Aritzia.
-Laura is renovating.
-M Botique is renovating.

Good location for Nespresso, the kiosk is busy and staff are always running back and forth to their stock room.

-Indigo is now open.
-Indigo Spirit has closed and is currently packing up.
-Nepresso is opening in the former Porsche showroom (from the building permit posted there)
-Ever New is opening in the corridor between Hudsons Bay and Aritzia.
-Laura is renovating.
-M Botique is renovating.

Nespresso is now open

Has anyone confirmed what they are doing in the old theatre wing? I can't find any permit info, but it looks like it will be closed until Sept /Oct.

Back