News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Perhaps once the Ivory condo just to the west is occupied they'll have a fighting chance.

Ivory is already partially occupied, so hopefully the block gets a bit more lively in the coming months. Axiom will also be a big help.

I wish them the best, but that location seems to be doomed. An ever-changing series of bars and restaurants have each barely lasted a year. Its a weird no-man's land with few pedestrians compared to the nearby streets, and most cars are just barreling past on their way to the DVP. Perhaps once the Ivory condo just to the west is occupied they'll have a fighting chance.

Yeah hopefully Ivory and later Axiom bring some life to the area. One way streets that drivers are allowed to treat like highways really kill the possibility of a thriving neighbourhood though. I don't see businesses on Richmond or Adelaide ever thriving unless something changes with the street design and speed enforcement/limits.

Ivory is already partially occupied, so hopefully the block gets a bit more lively in the coming months. Axiom will also be a big help.
Their problem will be that while Axiom is being built (3 years?) the area will be a mess and there is also the Great Gulf project on 25 Ontario, across Adelaide that is about to return to TEYCC so it won't exactly be a peaceful area. Maybe they will attract construction workers?

I see a new "Irish" pub has opened at Adelaide and Ontario in the old EggSmart location - they have another location in Vaughan
KOAtJjP.jpg
Terrible name Dub-Linn Gate. Really? And they've covered their main windows from their main street with some black and white stock photo nonsense. This place deserves a quick death and I haven't even tried it.

If the atmosphere is right, the food tasty and the beer plentiful, it ought to thrive. The name and windows can always be changed.

Predictably, the work on fixing up Lower Sherbourne Street has ground to a halt as the snow approaches. They just a bout finished the east sidewalk and bike track from Front to The Esplanade. They will return in the spring to do the rest of the street prior to the Pan-Am Games. The delay in starting was caused by the fact that Toronto Hydro were amazingly slow to complete their work - putting wires underground and installing new streetlights. Yes, they ran into underground water that required a rethink but they had originally been expected to do this work in 2013, they finally finished in October 2014.

The St Lawrence Market Neighbourhood BIA are working on a "master plan". They are surveying the views of RESIDENTS so if you live in St Lawrence (Yonge to Parliament and Queen to the tracks) you may want to fill in their online survey. Available at www.slna.ca

The St Lawrence Market Neighbourhood BIA are working on a "master plan". They are surveying the views of RESIDENTS so if you live in St Lawrence (Yonge to Parliament and Queen to the tracks) you may want to fill in their online survey. Available at www.slna.ca
No interest in those of us who work (and shop) in the district?

There is now a sign in the ex-Sobey window (Front/Princess) promising the opening of a clearance centre. Another neighbourhood improvement!

Even if they had all those things, they are making their punters jump through hoops to find out.

Tacky Irish Chain Bar #61502 with a sad beer list. An un-fancy slice of the suburbs that will probably appeal to the construction crews that will be in the area for the next few years.

Last edited:
The Close-out King has set up for opening in the ex-Sobey space on Front east of Sherbourne. As the plans for the building on that whole block are apparently under major revision (new architect) I assume this means that the former (ghastly) development plans are scrapped and it will be a while before we see new ones - maybe with a new developer too? (The adjacent Acura is supposed to move to Eastern/Cherry in the spring so that will be another site for some temporary low-end business!)

The Close-out King has set up for opening in the ex-Sobey space on Front east of Sherbourne. As the plans for the building on that whole block are apparently under major revision (new architect) I assume this means that the former (ghastly) development plans are scrapped and it will be a while before we see new ones - maybe with a new developer too? (The adjacent Acura is supposed to move to Eastern/Cherry in the spring so that will be another site for some temporary low-end business!)

"Canada's Largest Closeout Liquidator. Home Accents, Lighting, Patio"

I'm picturing JYSK, but worse.

Back