News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The old Harry Young shoe store on Front @ Church is being refitted for a new store URBINZ. (Anyone know what they are??)

This is the King+ condos at King & Sherbourne, I guess the Starbucks at King and George is not reopening and the Starbucks at Front and Frederick will be less than pleased!

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 1K2

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 16 109824 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jan 28, 2016

Project: Restaurant 30 Seats or Less Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to unit CS12A for new restaurant - "Starbucks Coffee"

BA Zoning Review Not Started
Zone 3 Tamondong, Ray

This is the King+ condos at King & Sherbourne, I guess the Starbucks at King and George is not reopening and the Starbucks at Front and Frederick will be less than pleased!
Not sure how that's any different than the previous arrangement - just west instead of east. They need the two Sbux there - one for people who live in the area (Front) and the other for the hordes of GB students (King).

Not sure how that's any different than the previous arrangement - just west instead of east. They need the two Sbux there - one for people who live in the area (Front) and the other for the hordes of GB students (King).
True BUT the Front Street folk were quite happy to have the King/Frederick location closed!

Phew! There was a severe lack of coffee shops in the hood after King/George Starbucks burned. :rolleyes:

I'd almost rather have another laundromat, pharmacy, or bank!

Last edited:
Phew! There was a severe lack of coffee shops in the hood after King/George Starbucks burned. :rolleyes:

I'd almost rather have another laundromat, pharmacy, or bank!
You will doubtless be pleased to hear that a building permit application for a spa' on Front Street between George South and Frederick is in process.

Parks, Forestry and Recreation are now starting to plan a revitalisation of St James Park (to occur in 2017). See: https://stjamesparkmasterplan.wordpress.com/

"Plans are being made to plan and revitalize the park including its walkways, structures, and landscaping, as well as add a playground area for young families. The revitalization project will address distinctive components of St James Park, including important heritage concerns, public art, performances spaces and park usage."

The old Harry Young shoe store on Front @ Church is being refitted for a new store URBINZ. (Anyone know what they are??)

I was also curious, so I did a bit of online searching. I found a new corporation with the same name and a Toronto address was registered in December: http://www.bizapedia.com/canada/URBINZ-STORE-INC.html

When I searched one of the founder names, I found he also has another company with a similar name (Binz) that is described as selling "closet and closet accessories". So my best guess is this will be something geared towards storage solutions, which would be particularly handy for those of us living in small spaces in the core. I look forward to it.

EDIT: Looks like kitchen supplies as well, if it's anything like this: http://www.binz.ca/index.html

Last edited:
The space at 106 Front St E currently occupied by Burger King used to be a kitchen/bathroom/bedroom supply shop called High-Tech. It didn't survive (rip-off prices).

Placewares in St Lawrence Market is pretty handy, but its subject to the same terrible business hours as everyone else in the market.

Back