News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Hmm.
Do they or can they paint these poles black? Shrink wrap?
View attachment 480058

View attachment 480059
Yes, it is truly amazing how this project has been f'd up. Lots of effort and some extra $$ allowed the TTC and light poles to be black. Then TEYCC decided (stupidly in my opinion) to install traffic lights and the 'traffic light silo' folk came along with poles more suited to an expressway. It is not just that they are bare concrete (also at the Church/Front/Wellington intersection) but they are so large! The City really operates in silos who probably do not even know they have potential colleagues and collaborators in the silo down the hall.

@DSC much to your and our delight new trees will be planted on Monday 29th May on Market St.

However, why it takes such a long discussion to close such a small stretch to cars is beyond me. Look at all the destroyed bollards and street overall caused by of some vendors oversized vehicles. It’s sad to notice every time.

@DSC much to your and our delight new trees will be planted on Monday 29th May on Market St.

However, why it takes such a long discussion to close such a small stretch to cars is beyond me. Look at all the destroyed bollards and street overall caused by of some vendors oversized vehicles. It’s sad to notice every time.
Good to hear about the tree planting! As a reminder, here is the TEYCC Motion re the closure https://secure.toronto.ca/council/agenda-item.do?item=2023.TE3.40 I await the report back on the permanent closure; it is supposed to come to late June meeting. Though it is clearly not sensible, there are Market Merchants who think that their customers will not visit if they cannot park on that stretch of Market Street; change is difficult for some people!@

Thank you, @DSC. Those market merchants are not concerned about potential customer as they are regarding their cheap parking spot. See how below what a nonsense with those vehicles on Market St. and those are clearly not clients.

IMG_2532.jpeg

IMG_2534.jpeg

Now onto Colborne Street & Leader Lane...

As part of their SPA, the developers of 69 King (the Google Building) are planning to (or having to) fix Colborne Street from Church to Leader Lane and Leader Lane from King to Colborne. I have seen what are almost final plans and I think the work is supposed to happen later in 2023. (It would have been done last year if the Wellington mess was not still going on!). It looks good and removes some parking and widens some sidewalks

Now the 'fixin' section' of Transportation has marked lots of that area for repairs to road, sidewalks and Colborne Lane - much needed but. ..... The BIA are now trying to get these folk to talk urgently to the 69 King guys to avoid the City putting in new sidewalks and tactile strips now only to have them removed in a couple of months when the street will be greatly improved. TEYCC has also asked for a Report on full pedestrianisation of Leader Lane between Colborne and Wellington so it makes no sense to repair existing sidewalks and the road now if that will be upgraded 'soon'.

The whole damned City operates in silos who REALLY don't ever communicate! If I were only the Mayor (but too late this time :-> )

Maybe Wellington Street will be fully open soon? Will they be using this TTC track soon if not, will they be testing it after they have power? The track is fully looped to York, isn’t it?

Maybe we’ll have water in the fountain, a new dog and fountain lights that work on Thursday nights.

Early this morning. Edit typo
Spare parts.
IMG_4670.jpeg

IMG_4669.jpeg

IMG_4666.jpeg

From March 30 picture be me. Anti dog lover by others.
IMG_3547.jpeg

IMG_3550.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe Wellington Street will be fully open soon? Will they be using this TTC track soon if not, will they be testing it after they have power? The track is fully looped to York, isn’t it?

Maybe we’ll have water in the fountain, a new dog and fountain lights that work on Thursday nights.

Early this morning. Edit typo
Spare parts.
View attachment 481192

View attachment 481193

View attachment 481194

From March 30 picture be me. Anti dog lover by others.
View attachment 481195

View attachment 481196
There is certainly new streetcar track between Church and York. No overhead yet but it's a fairly simple 'run' with no 'cross-overs'. Last I heard, the TTC hoped to get the 503 back in service by September. Of course, the new (LED) streetlighting project on Wellington is still not finished, either east or west of Yonge.

Despite its (temporary?) name; the Corktown station is in St Lawrence

Corktown Station and First Parliament First Parliament is the historical site of Upper Canada’s first Parliament Buildings. The demolition of buildings related to the automotive dealership and car wash on the First Parliament site was completed in June 2022, in preparation for the construction of Corktown Station. Archeological investigations are underway to identify any artifacts from Indigenous Nations, remains of Upper Canada’s First and Second Parliament Buildings, and remnants of early Toronto industry. The First Parliament Interpretation and Commemoration Plan (ICP) collaboration with Ontario Heritage Trust and Indigenous Nations is ongoing, with interpretive installations planned at the future Corktown Station. Additional archaeological work will be carried out and completed in Spring 2023, before major activities such as tunneling, and station construction begin. City staff worked with Infrastructure Ontario (IO) to review draft plans for the Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) development at Corktown Station. The Corktown TOC will provide 30,000 square feet of space to the City of Toronto. The planned use for this space will be determined through engagement with the community as planning for the site progresses. Parks, Forestry and Recreation has also secured full parkland dedication on-site in the amount of 2,133 square metres and will proceed to investigate parkland dedication opportunities through any future development applications at 43 Parliament Street and 42 Mill Street which are identified in the West Donlands Precinct Plan and King Parliament Secondary Plan. Once IO selects the development partner that will design and construct the Corktown TOC, further discussions will take place to identify opportunities for the City to lease space within the development and for programming opportunities within the privately owned publicly accessible spaces, as well as other opportunities to commemorate the cultural and natural history of the site.

From: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2023/ex/bgrd/backgroundfile-236862.pdf

Despite its (temporary?) name; the Corktown station is in St Lawrence
I feel like St. Lawrence kind of ends at Sherbourne, and Corktown starts at Parliament, but other than the coops on David Crombie park, it's a bit of a toss-up?

I feel like St. Lawrence kind of ends at Sherbourne, and Corktown starts at Parliament, but other than the coops on David Crombie park, it's a bit of a toss-up?
The official boundary of the neighbourhoods is Parliament - though north of The Esplanade the block between Berkeley and Parliament is 'shared' and the two neighbourhood associations are involved in developments there etc.

Back