News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Re: Encore @ Met

Can someone do a picture update when they get a moment? :D I live overseas at the moment so would love to see some photo updates. Thanks! :)

I was walking west on Carleton yesterday and was amazed at how beautiful this building is and how great the streetscape looks. Very impressive.

I walked around during my lunch break and snapped a bunch of pictures yesterday but I won’t have time to upload and post them until Sunday.

It looks really good looking north on Victoria from Richmond.

Also great from Gerrard between Yonge and Church.

I'd say the glass is about 2/3 of the way up the building. Definately my top favourite of the new highrises going up downtown in the past few years.

The glass is a lot higher up than two-thirds. I can see it out my window, and it's topped out on the main part of the tower, and all that's left are the four stepped back floors at the top, and then mechanical.

it's right next door to me, i can see it out my window as well...the black glass is wicked!!! still one more to come!

The mechanical room on the roof is nearly 1/2 glassed in too.
The glass and angled windows are very similar to Bay 1001

Astroboy100, here's some pics for ya. Taken this morning (2006.11.29)

From the west on College.
IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

And from the east.
IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

Yes it has a similar skin to the building on Bay St. (Bay 1001)

Those pictures are very nice. This building is way better than I expected it would be. And a nice addition to the Yonge Street skyline.

Great pics Cass!

What's with the two tones of glass on 1001 Bay? It's always bugged me, seems like the started changing the glass and gave up partway through.

A muddle-headed grasp at what the architect saw as fashionably PoMo styling - in a city that PoMo passed by almost entirely?

Back