News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I just realised that nobody thanked The Almighty Fuzzy for the fantastic photos. Yea verily do we give thanks to the Almighty Fuzzy for the photos that bless us today.

Also, nice tower.

well ... you could share some of those bless'ed drugs with us

Thanks everyone

09/19/06

DSC01537.jpg

Sexy curves

DSC01545.jpg

DSC01592.jpg

Well, I'm a purchaser of one of the units in The Met Phase 1, and it's been pretty exciting watching the building go up. I'm very happy with how the structure is looking. Still over a year to go before moving in though, and that's if there aren't any delays...

Oh yes, and thanks for the photos...they've been a great discovery on this site! :D

Is it really a year to go until the move-in dates on phase 1? Judging by how quickly they're moving I would've expected occupancy by early Spring.

Actually, given the pace they've been maintaining I wouldn't be surprised to see phase 2 top out in less than a year.

Move in on phase 1 is supposed to be Sept/07. I'd like to be optimistic on an earlier date, but isn't the interior when the real delays occur? I know people who have had their move in delayed, but is there a precedent for occupancy happening before the scheduled date? We were told the builder (Edilcan) wants to have all the common areas finished before anyone moves in.

Occupancy

I don't know anyone who has had an earlier occupancy date ever and my closest friend is a realtor that specializes in the Condo market. The best was 4-5 months delay. and that is really good and that has only happened in the past year. Looks like Edilcan is moving very fast with The Met. I'd estimate 3 months or so, but we may be suprised

Work is being done on the top of the phase 1 tower. I found a Toronto Staff Report about The Met Public Art Program, which includes:

"Location 3: Carlton Street “Beaconâ€
A light beacon, marking Carlton and Granby Streets is proposed for the circular “lantern-like†form at the top of the tower. This element should take advantage of the existing architectural design which comprises an enclosed, glazed space some 18 feet in diameter. This will be a landmark visible for miles."

Does anyone know whether this was approved and if it is going to be a feature?

I love the sound of this. It would really stand out when looking north on Yonge.

Back