8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
When are the amc theatres set to open?

I wonder if PenEqu has gone back to the drawing boards and re-evaluated what they can charge on the remaining units and signage now that CityTV will be across the square? I would imagine that would be a big draw for companies to locate there and have their signs no TLS, since they will be seen on TV quite a bit (assuming City still does their outdoor broadcasts).

AMC summer or fall of 08'

Yeah, with City TV broadcasting from the square, it's tonnes of free advertising for anyone on those boards in Dundas Square.

Maybe we will finally get some neon or at the very least a more creative use of the LED technology than current.

A number of subsequent posts - 14 actually - were moved to the Citytv-move thread as they made more sense there.

Oct. 23 update

Photos show the brackets in place for the tri-vision & other areas of progress being made on the south facing exterior.

I think with the news of Rogers picking up the Torch for CityTV, advertising on this side of TLS just turned into gold for PenEquity

PICT0917.jpg

PICT0918.jpg

I think with the news of Rogers picking up the Torch for CityTV, advertising on this side of TLS just turned into gold for PenEquity

And to add to that they got the turkey named Torch off their hands.

I think we'll see a rush to complete it once we hit November and Christmas shopping season begins to loom. Money talks and during the last two months of the year, there is lots of ad money available.

Well, it should be online for Christmas season 08'.

...I think.

That would make this building an 11 Year project. 11 Years ago Dubai was just a pile of sand, a tent and a camel.

good lord.

Yeah, but look at how Dubai has turned out, and consider how many slave labourers have died building all that crap.

It is a good analogy in one way though - this building is as offensively ugly as Dubai is unbearably grotesque and tacky.

Future Shop will be open in about two weeks

Back