News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Bell is now open. Rogers and Bell both have their signs up. (Its funny that they are next door. Thats some serious competition)

Yeah, but choosing between Bell and Rogers is like choosing between Kang and Kodos.

200px-THOH_Kang_and_Kodos.png

I think they're getting close to finishing the underground work on the PATH connection. They've shrunk the size of the compound, removed a bunch of equipment, and backfilled the sides of the hole up to the level of the tunnel's roof. It'll be nice when the sidewalk is reopened because I've actually noticed the Dundas side getting congested at times

^ya i know. We waited 10 years with that constricting blue hoarding and just as fast as it came down, the new blue fence went around for the subway entrance. sheesh. It'll be nice to walk there again.

On a related note. I noticed that the TLS doors open outwards... onto a busy sidewalk. I was coming out today and this guy walking on Dundas and typing on his Blackberry nearly smashed nose first into the door.

^ya i know. We waited 10 years with that constricting blue hoarding and just as fast as it came down, the new blue fence went around for the subway entrance. sheesh. It'll be nice to walk there again.

On a related note. I noticed that the TLS doors open outwards... onto a busy sidewalk. I was coming out today and this guy walking on Dundas and typing on his Blackberry nearly smashed nose first into the door.
all doors have to open outwards. it's part of the building code (3.3.1.10, although i think for a building such as TLS it would be under 3.8.3.3)

Makes sense. People rushing out of a burning building tend to push the doors out.. specially if there's a stampede of people behind them.

I just hope that the sidewalk is wide enough to prevent what nearly happened today.

all doors have to open outwards. it's part of the building code (3.3.1.10, although i think for a building such as TLS it would be under 3.8.3.3)

Its under the fire code too... all doors have to open in the direction of egress.

Back