News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
The Shoppers will be a welcome addition - I'll no longer have to push through the Eaton Centre every time I need toothpaste or soap.

^ You'll just have to push past the AMC lineup in the TLS lobby (because of an inadequate number of ticket booths).

Will post more photo's that are not showing for some reason cause by Filckr. They were part of the same batch that were up loaded at the same time as the ones showing below.

Down we go to -1 level and escalators not working.
2400070176_7921301b32_b.jpg

Shoppers Drug can open any day now as it is ready on -1 level.
2399237767_0b1ef23247_b.jpg

5 other store will open by the end of April on -1 level. You can see the new Subway entrance to the unfinished Tunnel that was started 6 months ago. PCL is doing it.
2400071768_2528ce486b_b.jpg

2400073704_1a20fe541f_b.jpg

Nothing is ready on -2 level and part of Extreme Fitness on -3 level open Monday.

Why does TLS have so many unfinished details?

- Non-desrcript floors
- Exposed ducts/electrical wiring on ceilings
- Plenty of exposed H-beams, many of which with fire retardant foam in full display
- Unadorned walls: Cheap drywall painted white throughout

What gives? I understand that the building isn't finished, but many of these aspects seem permanent (like the floor).

Is PenEquity that broke that they can't afford to finish this building properly?

Putting in Tiled Floors is not that hard, as are the other "finishing" details. Expect more work to be completed as tenants move in.

I do not expect any more 'finishing' details. There will be no tile on this floor in 10 years and no covered ceiling. The inside looks as cheap and ugly as the outside. They have made a decision to spend as little as possible and it took ten years to get to this point. Don't hold your breath for anything better.

New contest: If anyone knows an uglier interior finished during the last 10 years in this city, feel free to point it out.

Reminds me of a lowest-common-denominator bottom-line bottom-feeding excuse for a developer. I don't know if PenEquity is broke, but they sure are bankrupt.

Reminds me of the International Centre or some other type of exhibition hall.

I wonder how this Shoppers will compare to and compete with the Rexall in the Atrium.

It's ghetto and reflects the minimalism that is Dundas Square. Btw, anyone else think Dundas Square should be renamed? Maybe put a statue of Jane Jacobs here and name it Jane Jacobs' Square? Or David Miller Square? (Now that's a square idea....;)

I wonder how this Shoppers will compare to and compete with the Rexall in the Atrium.

Yes, the Rexall in the Atrium has the benefit of the foot traffic from the food courts and office towers above. -

Plus, there is another Shoppers inside the TEC. - I'm not a business genius, but hmm.....

It's ghetto and reflects the minimalism that is Dundas Square. Btw, anyone else think Dundas Square should be renamed? Maybe put a statue of Jane Jacobs here and name it Jane Jacobs' Square? Or David Miller Square? (Now that's a square idea....;)

I think it's been fairly well established over the years that minimalism and shittiness are not the same thing.

Why does TLS have so many unfinished details?

- Non-desrcript floors
- Exposed ducts/electrical wiring on ceilings
- Plenty of exposed H-beams, many of which with fire retardant foam in full display
- Unadorned walls: Cheap drywall painted white throughout

What gives? I understand that the building isn't finished, but many of these aspects seem permanent (like the floor).

Is PenEquity that broke that they can't afford to finish this building properly?
Is it really up to PenEquity to install things like ceilings and floor tiles and other internal decor? Wouldn't that be up to the future building management in association with a consortium of the larger tenants?

Back