News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I wish they'd fix what used to be the little globe that spun on the south side of the square on top of the add !

With news today of Futureshop's closing (or half converting to BestBuy's) I couldn't help but wonder what will happen to the vacant space here and who will snatch it up. I'd assume Bestbuy will be keeping their existing Dundas Street location versus moving to here to 10 Dundas. https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/n...tores-closing-become-best-buys-142035428.html

Not a bad thing - the store was very tired the last year or so in any case, with poor stocking. I hope they take this opportunity to completely remodel the space.

AoD

Have Shoppers move there and extend the PATH to Gould Street. :p
What happens to the basement and foundation of the buildings north of it???:confused:

Be very surprise to see a larger Shoppers since there is one in Eatons Now.

10 Dundas East has been very successful in particular in one thing: restaurants.

While FutureShop was never very busy and though the movie theatre has been picking up lately, the restaurants have almost always been so busy that there's consistently a wait for a table — since the very beginning. The new Spring Sushi on the top floor is a zoo with lineups down the stairs and good luck getting a seat on the patios at Milestones or Jack Astor's.

Last year, a restaurant (Shark club) took the place of the underperforming stores on the food court level facing Yonge Dundas Sq. Meanwhile, FutureShop never took advantage of that highly desirable view, backing TV's against the windows and making another part of it their staff room.

It's clear what needs to be done with the FutureShop space and frankly, the entire building overall. 10 Dundas E should be branded as a restaurant destination. Rather than try to compete with the Eaton Centre in retail which they will never succeed at, 10 Dundas E should continue offering something that Eaton Centre can't compete with because they don't have that view to the square sought after by tourists and Torontonians alike. It's taken a decade but I think that this building has finally found its niche.

With restaurants surrounding a centre core of escalators, the circulation problems of this building cease to be a problem because the restaurants can take on irregular shapes unlike traditional stores. One outstanding issue is how the Adidas store is isolated from the complex with that wall facing the atrium. It's there because of a fire escape stair well that was lazily left there, even though it could've been relocated. Open a restaurant facing into the main atrium with a presence along Yonge St at street level and this building could become a huge success.

Last edited:
Full agreement with MetroMan given the ample space of the building... However I will say this.

I currently work for the Adidas store in the main floor and we received news last week that we will be going under renovations to become a bigger flagship store with a hall of fame. What exactly that entails i don't know but we're going to be closed for six weeks towards the end of august/july. Could be possible we might take FutureShops front space on yonge and then the atrium on the corner could open up..

The building was originally (back in the Metropolis days) envisioned as an entertainment destination, so expanding the restaurant offerings makes sense. I could also see a Playdium or Dave n Busters sort of thing doing well in there, or a bowling alley, or anything like that.

The building was originally (back in the Metropolis days) envisioned as an entertainment destination, so expanding the restaurant offerings makes sense. I could also see a Playdium or Dave n Busters sort of thing doing well in there, or a bowling alley, or anything like that.

If I recall correctly, the basement was built to become a bowling alley. I haven't been down there but it looks like Goodlife isn't going anywhere as this location supposedly does well.

Back