News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Any storms last night? I didn't hear a thing and it bugs me when I miss them. Good to see next week is looking pretty hot.

Any storms last night? I didn't hear a thing and it bugs me when I miss them. Good to see next week is looking pretty hot.

I went to bed at 4am, up at 9am & saw or heard nothing (downtown).
Next week's forecast is a beautiful thing! Let's hope the forecasters finally get it right!

wea.jpg

Source

Last edited:

Not on Saturday night. There was one on Friday night in Mississauga, but it wasn't anything significant.

There was a lot of raining and some thundering on friday night (early saturday morning? past 12am). It was raining all night and into the day on Saturday.

Yes, this week has been amazing. Since Sunday it's been warming up each day. Thursday should be a bit more different though. Still hot, but storms are predicted.

When it's still 24 degrees outside at midnight, I wouldn't call that amazing ... I'd call that too hot. Fortunately it hasn't been too humid ... and looks like it will break this afternoon.

I love it :) We have way too long of a winter for me to complain about it being hot. Not to mention it's taken a long time for it to get this warm. By now we should have had a few 30 degree days.

I expect some pretty severe thunderstorms in Southern Ontario today. Already severe thunderstorm watches issued for a few counties closer to Lake Huron.

Edit: And here we go. Already a watch issued.

City of Toronto
11:04 AM EDT Thursday 25 June 2009
Severe thunderstorm watch for
City of Toronto issued

Persons in or near this area should be on the lookout for adverse weather conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Watch for updated statements.
Please refer to the latest public forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through your local radio and television stations or Weatheradio.

Edit again: Now it's a warning.

Last edited:
Well get air conditioning!
What, for 3 or 4 days in the summer?

And to one of "those people" who turn on the air-conditioning every time the sun comes out? I'd rather sit here and listed to the trees blowing in the wind, the traffic in the distance, the streetcar ...

CITY OF TORONTO
7:15 PM EDT SUNDAY 28 JUNE 2009
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH FOR
CITY OF TORONTO CONTINUED

Persons in or near this area should be on the lookout for adverse weather conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Watch for updated statements.
Please refer to the latest public forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through your local radio and television stations or Weatheradio.

Well that was fairly uneventful haha. It only rained a little bit here in Mississauga and then it was over.

It looked pretty intense in a few places on the radar. We certainly got a lot of water here, though not for long.

Looks like a lot of rain this week; I just took advantage of it and put some more grass seed down in the bare spots. Now I won't have to water it all week!

Back