News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Just a thought: Since the cars are articulated, could we run longer trains and just have people walk from the end cars (which may extend beyond the station) into cars which are in the station to exit the train? GO already does this, and their cars aren't even articulated!

Not feasible since the idiot that decided to ride on the tunnel car panics about getting out of the train and misses their stop because the doors didn't open. Once ATC is fully installed on the Y-U-S, it may be possible to have a shortened 7th car to fill the entire platform.

The new trains aren't technically articulated though...

Really? There aren't two solid cars connected by a flexible joint? I think the the cars are solid and the joint bends in numerous directions. That meets the definition of articulated in my books.

They are not articulated in the sense that individual cars bend. They are however connected. Why don't we say it's an articulated train made of separate cars?

So you will be able to see out of the front of the new cars!

Unfortunately, I don't think so. If you look at the pictures closesly you will see an open door to the driver's compartment, which will presumably always be closed when in use.

Spotted a TR parked at Davisville yesterday... It's staring to rust...are we ever gona get a chance to ride it this year??

Back