News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

What a great day to do some trainspotting! :D I was waiting for my northbound train at St. George when a shiny, brand new Rocket pulled into the southbound platform while on a test run! It stopped briefly enough to grab a shot, and I also managed to get a short video with some of the interior before it began to pull away. Sorry if it's a little jittery.

5712114620_7db4b52ce6_b.jpg

[video=youtube;kNTS5znw7S0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNTS5znw7S0[/video]

The Chair of TTC stated Thursday that the new TRs will be in Operation starting June. As to the date, it will be announce later.

On my way to an appointment today, driving on the Allen I was indeed following a TR train going southbound; got a good look at it while waiting to make a left at Eglinton. Very sleek and makes little noise in operation and in braking, can't wait for June.

I think I'm actually going to try and wait for one on June 1st. :p

Last edited:
I don't get it...Don't the trains actually get finished and built to the TTC's specifications before they are sent? How come they look like a grenade went off inside of them? Especially the flooring.

I don't get it...Don't the trains actually get finished and built to the TTC's specifications before they are sent? How come they look like a grenade went off inside of them? Especially the flooring.

It looks like the floor is just covered up with plywood, to protect it from damage.

It looks like the floor is just covered up with plywood, to protect it from damage.

I suspect all the hanging cables inside the car are for test instrumentation.

Thanks, I was just confused because I know alot of specifications and requirements were put on these cars, and would have found it very strange that the TTC would have to install some of the electronics themselves.

And eys after reviewing the video once again it does look like the flooring is just panneled over.

So, more generally, am I mistaken in my impression that some current in service models of car have wider doorways than other models?

(edit) A little poking around shows that the T-1s have wider doorways than the H series cars -- to rephrase my original question, the Toronto Rocket doorways are as wide as the T-1s, and not as narrow as the H series?

Last edited:
So, more generally, am I mistaken in my impression that some current in service models of car have wider doorways than other models?

(edit) A little poking around shows that the T-1s have wider doorways than the H series cars -- to rephrase my original question, the Toronto Rocket doorways are as wide as the T-1s, and not as narrow as the H series?

You just answered your own question. If TR Door = T1 Door, and T1 Door > H Door. Then TR > H.

I was chasing 5391-5396 and finally caught up... here is my video from last night

I appreciate that you took the time to take and post a video but at the same time I wonder how you shot that video. Do you dangle your camera from the end of a rope? :confused:

Back