News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Did anyone look at the T1 and the Toronto Rocket side-by-side from the mezzanine (near the elevator) at Davisville? It looked as if the T1 was slightly taller.

When I was visiting Davisville to see the new train, I noticed that the distance between the train and the platform seemed to be larger than usual. Almost to a point where it looked as if someone in a wheelchair would have some serious difficulty boarding and off-boarding from the train. Not sure if this is because it was on the West side of the Southbound platform or what.

When I was visiting Davisville to see the new train, I noticed that the distance between the train and the platform seemed to be larger than usual. Almost to a point where it looked as if someone in a wheelchair would have some serious difficulty boarding and off-boarding from the train. Not sure if this is because it was on the West side of the Southbound platform or what.

That step or trip is real great and will have a photo on line Monday shot from the platform and it shows that 2.5" or more different. Not sure if it is the platform or not. I stumpble off car 5411.

Only only hope this is not at the existing platform and if so, hello lawsuit and human rights complaints.

3 videos from Davisville May 29
[video=youtube;i6TNRBEvdiw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6TNRBEvdiw[/video]
[video=youtube;uOApNK2WFY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOApNK2WFY0[/video]
[video=youtube;Z2ZffOvwRpc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ZffOvwRpc[/video]

That step or trip is real great and will have a photo on line Monday shot from the platform and it shows that 2.5" or more different. Not sure if it is the platform or not. I stumpble off car 5411.

Thats only because of the buildup track at Davisville yard, this is to prevent the tail end swing from hitting the platform as it's heading down the yard tracks

Thats only because of the buildup track at Davisville yard, this is to prevent the tail end swing from hitting the platform as it's heading down the yard tracks

Thanks for the update Agram, I assumed it had somethign to do with this.

cheers,

That maybe fine at 5411 door,
5774963192_278bfc5684_b.jpg

but this photo is in the middle of the platform
5774426009_de8bfc97aa_b.jpg

Like I said that is not a regular platform

The train is still being tweaked and all the issues will be resolved once it is ready for service

Like I said that is not a regular platform

The train is still being tweaked and all the issues will be resolved once it is ready for service

I toured the display yesterday (as i'm sure the vast majority of we subway geeks, here on this forum, probably did - who didn't? - I'm curious), and overall really enjoyed what i could see in amongst the uncomfortable hordes. As you would (all who know me) guess, i was especially pleased to finally be able to see the actual placement and operation of the TV monitors / screens. One thing i did notice, however, was that some of the cars on display had 3 screens, and some only had 2 per car. I know there are three models of cars, A, B, & C (which, i was told, are: conductor cars, compression cars, and "horn" cars - whatever THAT is!), but why the difference re number of screens per car? Maybe it was just an anomaly of the display-train yesterday. When i got a chance to button-hole one of the "black-shirts" (Bombardier on-site engineers) yesterday for a brief moment, he assured me (1) that all the cars on display had 3 per car (wrong!) and, (2) all of these 6-car trains to be in service will have cars that all have 3 screens per car. Alas... this guy was too busy with the crowd for me to further engage (argue) with him about it.

So, maybe one of us insiders like Agram could kindly field this one...

Thanks,

sb

I noticed this as well and also the cars seemed higher than the platform. It looked like it could be a problem.

I noticed this as well and also the cars seemed higher than the platform. It looked like it could be a problem.

As Agram said that third platform (which the TR was parked) is different from the service platforms at Davisville. Watch the other videos on YouTube of the train entering stations, you'll notice how tight to the platform the train is.

I drove down from Bancroft to see it. :)

Anyone else think they should have used black screws around the windows and lights on the front end?

I drove down from Bancroft to see it. :)

Anyone else think they should have used black screws around the windows and lights on the front end?

didn't even notice tbh. I noticed that the top (roofing?) of the subway is really ugly and uneven, whereas the older trains are nice and smooth.

I have to admit that while i'm not tall by any stretch of the imagination (5'9) I did feel uncomfortable underneath the Air conditioning unit sections by the ends of each car. I also dislike the lack fo the middle hanging handle bar. kinda don't know what I'll hold on to if it's a packed train and I'm stuck in the middle...

Last edited:

I got the impression the train was leaning a little bit. Is that due to the buildup track, the train or my imagination?

I have to admit that while i'm not tall by any stretch of the imagination (5'9) I did feel uncomfortable underneath the Air conditioning unit sections by the ends of each car. I also dislike the lack fo the middle hanging handle bar. kinda don't know what I'll hold on to if it's a packed train and I'm stuck in the middle...

If it's a packed train and you're in the middle, you can grab a grab handle.
attachment.php

There were surprisingly few grab locations near the ends of the cars though.

Back