News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Will the new subway cars (and new streetcars and LRV's for that matter) have portable automated external defibrillators, or AEDs, on them?

See this article from MassTransitmag.com where Boston has started installing them.

The only problem is the cost. I think either the Ministry of Health or EMS should pay for the cost of the machines, not the TTC.

37339.JPG

The only problem is the cost. I think either the Ministry of Health or EMS should pay for the cost of the machines, not the TTC.

Considering the TTC recently started paying to have EMS staff available; it seems likely it would have to come from the TTC budget.

probably

probably maybe there are 1 at each end of the subway and at least 1 for every car:confused: in some secret compartment

I took a long walk in the carbaria world of downsview today.. Walked from wilson to downsview station via transit rd, in order to walk past wilson yard to see what the view would be like...

I was waiting for a cop cruiser to pull me over and interrigate my purpose for walking on a shoulder-less road that was less pedestrian friendly than a country road somewhere in central ontario.

I digress...

Interesting things I noticed, like I said before, new carhouse is definitely finished, and doors are closed, however, the TTC has erected some kind of rather convenient temporary walling to hide anything on the tracks behind them... I suspect they are going to try to bring the trains here quietly, before making some kind of pomp media extravaganza for the official unveiling. However, we all know that they will fail, and as soon as it shows up, everyone will know about it.. But yea, we're talking weeks now folks! WEEKS!

I took a long walk in the carbaria world of downsview today.. Walked from wilson to downsview station via transit rd, in order to walk past wilson yard to see what the view would be like...

I was waiting for a cop cruiser to pull me over and interrigate my purpose for walking on a shoulder-less road that was less pedestrian friendly than a country road somewhere in central ontario.

I digress...

Interesting things I noticed, like I said before, new carhouse is definitely finished, and doors are closed, however, the TTC has erected some kind of rather convenient temporary walling to hide anything on the tracks behind them... I suspect they are going to try to bring the trains here quietly, before making some kind of pomp media extravaganza for the official unveiling. However, we all know that they will fail, and as soon as it shows up, everyone will know about it.. But yea, we're talking weeks now folks! WEEKS!

during your walk did you happen to notice if those scrap cars were still out in the field? if they are, have they painted over the graffiti yet?

hey

wen i passed by a few days ago i saw the mci and the h4covered wid som dark grey paint on the side 2cover up the graffiti;)

I suspect they are going to try to bring the trains here quietly, before making some kind of pomp media extravaganza for the official unveiling.

Just how are the cars transported from the Bombardier factory up north to Toronto? Are they shipped by rail and then locally by oversized flatbed? That would be somewhat noticeable to the locals along the route, especially if you have to start delivering dozens of cars.

Or is there an underground subway line from the factory to the Wilson yard?

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the BD line is extended to perterborough, though I think thunder bay might be after that. Anyways, lol, all jokes asside..

I'm very confident that delivery will be by rail, to greenwood yard. This is how the T1s were delivered, also built at the same factory as the TRs, and tested at the same test track. From greenwood they would then be driven at night, after service, to wilson.

true dat

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the BD line is extended to perterborough, though I think thunder bay might be after that. Anyways, lol, all jokes asside..

I'm very confident that delivery will be by rail, to greenwood yard. This is how the T1s were delivered, also built at the same factory as the TRs, and tested at the same test track. From greenwood they would then be driven at night, after service, to wilson.

true that im so crazy.. im gonna skip school just to see it!!!:D
sorry i wasnt speaking proper engliSh! :(

Last edited:

Thanks for that. I didn't clue in on the freight line right by Greenwood.

Still, I don't think dat is so cwazy that I'm a gonna skip wurk for it.

Yea, considering the subways will be around for another 20-30 years, it's not exactly the most important thing to skip work or school for. Once ATC and (if) 24hr service begins you'll be able to ride these babies all night long. :p

Back