News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

lol, its kind of like xmas, and you might have to wait just as long, but that's what its about now, you're gonna have to wait patiently, after the testing is complete, they'll ship them up, I dun think there's much more information to have than that.

And besides, like many great things in life, even everyday things, waiting makes it better when you get it. Think about being realllllyyyy hungry and waiting and waiting, and finally, when you do eat, you enjoy that food alot more.

... though if the TTC was managing Christmas dinner, it would probably not come until Thanksgiving, but they'd have forgotten to tell anyone, and everyone would have died of starvation sitting at the table.

...and although the neighbours were all eating turkey, we'd be eating fish sticks while being assured that this was a world-class made-in-Toronto solution to the problem.

Many months ago The Star had a story about the potential to sell our old subway cars. This was only going to happen if the undisclosed counterparty won a contract to operate a yet to be built system in some undisclosed city. They were supposed to find out "late 2009". It's late 2009 now... do we know yet? Any guesses on what that city was?

Many months ago The Star had a story about the potential to sell our old subway cars. This was only going to happen if the undisclosed counterparty won a contract to operate a yet to be built system in some undisclosed city. They were supposed to find out "late 2009". It's late 2009 now... do we know yet? Any guesses on what that city was?

There is a plan to possibly use some of the cars for condo and office space in Toronto.

Ankara (Turkey's capital) is the only city in the world that runs the same subway trains as the TTC (H6's). Wikipedia says they're building three new metro lines.

ray_by.jpg

Comparison between Ankara Metro train (above) and TTC train (below)

I don't think there is much of a market for used subway trains, as most metro systems currently under development are either built in countries capable of making their own trains, or buy brand new fleets from Japan, ROTEM, or Bombardier. The only metro system that I can think of that runs second-hand trains prominently is Pyongyang.

Ankara (Turkey's capital) is the only city in the world that runs the same subway trains as the TTC (H6's). Wikipedia says they're building three new metro lines.

ray_by.jpg

Comparison between Ankara Metro train (above) and TTC train (below)

Just on a side note, it's interesting that Ankara has opted to use standard gauge with our designs. (And it's a smart decision on their part too)

^
Another interesting side note about Ankara's subways is that they have an odd number of cars (I count 3 in that picture), which means they don't have the same coupling configuration of Toronto's cars.

Hey folks, passed by the factory today... and I remembered my camera! I saw one new car and took a close up of the damaged T1. And a new GO car also. Although it's not too clear in the photo, the opening for the gangway is visible (but of course covered), and has the single wide window between the doors, so yes this definitely is a new TR car.

Enjoy!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hey folks, passed by the factory today... and I remembered my camera! I saw one new car and took a close up of the damaged T1. And a new GO car also. Although it's not too clear in the photo, the opening for the gangway is visible (but of course covered), and has the single wide window between the doors, so yes this definitely is a new TR car.

Enjoy!

I can't see any pictures... :(

EDIT: Never mind.. SWEET PICS MAN ! is this the thunderbay plant??

Back