News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

NYCT R160 Subway Cars...

WKL: Good link to the NG Channel showing the building of the R160 Subway cars-I will look myself sometime soon. They are now growing in number on some NYC Subway lines-the letter ones-now...These cars may have been perhaps a good fit for the TTC in many ways...LI MIKE

Last edited:
WKL: Good link to the NG Channel showing the building of the R160 Subway cars-I will look myself sometime soon. They are now growing in number on some NYC Subway lines-the letter ones-now...These cars may have been perhaps a good fit for the TTC in many ways...LI MIKE

no offence but i prefer r142's but longer:(

I actually like or trains over the newyork ones, not sure why, I just don't like them that much :p

The New York R44 also set the world speed record for a subway car. On January 31, 1972, a train reached a speed of 87.75 mph(141.2 km/hr) on the Long Island Rail Road's main line between Woodside and Jamaica. With two motors per car disabled, the train still reached 77 mph. The cars were capable of even higher speeds, but the length of the test track was insufficient to allow further acceleration.

Don't know the speed of the new New York R160 nor the new Toronto Rocket cars.

wow

The New York R44 also set the world speed record for a subway car. On January 31, 1972, a train reached a speed of 87.75 mph(141.2 km/hr) on the Long Island Rail Road's main line between Woodside and Jamaica. With two motors per car disabled, the train still reached 77 mph. The cars were capable of even higher speeds, but the length of the test track was insufficient to allow further acceleration.

Don't know the speed of the new New York R160 nor the new Toronto Rocket cars.

wow:eek:

yes ur absoulutly corrected watch my new video on you tube Reinerofficialz What will the new Toronto Rocket sound like! :rolleyes::eek:

Very interesting... The second train (taipei metro) sounds very much like the T1! except more electrical.

I agree with one of the commentors that It will sound like the Movia, because the New TR's are based on them and the T1's. They might also sound like the second one (again very similiar to the T1's) No matter what hopefully it'll be distinguishable! Like the H4-6's and T1's all make characteristics noises my favourite are the H5's with there prolonged Buzz.

I just can't wait for the Toronto Rockets according to that guy that was On the Rocket, we should start seeing them in the first quarter of 2010 thats January, february and March :D

That's a fine idea in theory, but I don't think the province could close Nanticoke if we needed to pump 1.21 jiggawatts through the grid every time the TTC ran late.

i know!!

Very interesting... The second train (taipei metro) sounds very much like the T1! except more electrical.

I agree with one of the commentors that It will sound like the Movia, because the New TR's are based on them and the T1's. They might also sound like the second one (again very similiar to the T1's) No matter what hopefully it'll be distinguishable! Like the H4-6's and T1's all make characteristics noises my favourite are the H5's with there prolonged Buzz.

I just can't wait for the Toronto Rockets according to that guy that was On the Rocket, we should start seeing them in the first quarter of 2010 thats January, february and March :D

lol i know the only difference about the second 1 is when the train is about to stop it's kind of awkward:D

I actually like or trains over the newyork ones, not sure why, I just don't like them that much :p

I dont like them mostly because the new york ones are smaller by far in width and length

ps. even if the new rocket can hit 88mph (i highly doubt it), it won't affect travel time very much since it can only go as fast as the train ahead - which might be T1 or an older rolling stock. And plus, there are not that many sections for such high speed travel is possible in the subway system - especially the green line

That means they could also travel through time and get us to our destinations faster, or on time if we're already too late.

They'd do well on the northern stretches of the Y-U-S subway with the long distances between stations, but they would be virtually useless on the B-D subway with stations spaced so close together.

The trains that serve Hong Kong MTR's Tung Chung Line and Airport Express can hit maximum design speeds of 135km/h. On the long stretch between Hong Kong's airport and the city, the trains run at an impressive operating speed of 130km/h.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTR_A-Stock_EMU

873582425_375efc7fa0_o.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U6XjImb5O0
Video of a Tung Chung Line train in action... you can see the train beating the cars on the North Lantau Expressway that runs alongside the route (the speed limit on the expressway is 110 km/h). Towards the end of the video you can see the interior of the train... it is a real subway train designed for high passenger capacity.

Last edited:
That is fast! hmm that train seemes to have no seats, that sucks! its cool to see the platform doors at work, though I still don't like them :p

Back