According to the Allied year end conference call this morning, Sapient has already upped their lease commitment to 60,000 square feet.....

Oh that's cool, I try to listen to those calls - they typically have interesting info about their projects under development, did they say anything else about their other projects ?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - companies in the core attract THE TOP TALENT from around the GTA. It is the only place in the GTHA that you can get to easily thanks to GO Transit. If you live in southwest Mississauga and you need to commute to Markham for your job: GOOD LUCK!

Young people like to be near the core anyway. They are going to be the next movers and shakers, and they won't easily get pulled into a 905 job.

I don't think this is true. Unless you're in the financial sector, most fields are centred outside the core. Tech hubs are in Markham and Kitchener-Waterloo, large number of engineering firms in Mississauga, manufacturing in Sauga, Brampton, and outer 905. In this economic environment, employers have the leverage: As a new graduate, I can tell you that young people would go where the jobs are.

Speculation on who the tenant is for this tower has been ongoing. It may be helpful to know that BMO was previously in talks to build a new signature head office on this lot. The project fell through and the lot was sold to Cadillac Fairview. It's possible that BMO might look at this location once again.

Is anybody familiar with how much space BMO occupies at First Canadian Place and why they would want to leave?

No to Bmo. They just restructured taking over the vacated Fraser Miller Casgrain and the Davies Ward Phillip & Vineberg space and returning ten other floors to Brookfield. That's just for FCP.

Oh that's cool, I try to listen to those calls - they typically have interesting info about their projects under development, did they say anything else about their other projects ?

Hello Taal - sent you a PM with the details I could recall.

No to Bmo. They just restructured taking over the vacated Fraser Miller Casgrain and the Davies Ward Phillip & Vineberg space and returning ten other floors to Brookfield. That's just for FCP.

Hi, out of curiosity, net-net, factoring the above, is there a change to the number of floors (total space) BMO now takes up at FCP? Thanks.

Chiming in here .. I really like this design. It's very close to what I was hoping to see on this lot. The cutouts are great, too.

It's worth noting, however, that this is one of perhaps three lots downtown which invite very serious height, like 90+ office.

I find this proposal a very interesting shape and am glad that ,at least some, of the large, brick, heritage building is being retained

No. I think it was an even trade. 8 for 8. I did overhear they were consolidating space from other bank towers.

Hi, out of curiosity, net-net, factoring the above, is there a change to the number of floors (total space) BMO now takes up at FCP? Thanks.

Chiming in here .. I really like this design. It's very close to what I was hoping to see on this lot. The cutouts are great, too.

It's worth noting, however, that this is one of perhaps three lots downtown which invite very serious height, like 90+ office.

But that would require a developer with bigger gonads - Only Oxford would fit that description and they put Oxford Place on Hold.

We build here based on economic principles, not misplaced machismo.

The city would never allow 90+ towers so close to the CN tower.

Back