News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I agree. I tuned into CBC for coverage yesterday twice, and both times they were airing Murdoch Mysteries and Coronation Street.

Seriously?
Every time I've tuned in their coverage has largely consisted of diving/aquatic events, athlete interviews and informing us of medals we've won...without showing the accompanying video. I get that they can't have correspondents at every event, but they do have cameras there. Telling us we won gold at such and such rowing event without even showing us the 90 second race? It boggles the mind.

Every time I've tuned in their coverage has largely consisted of diving/aquatic events, athlete interviews and informing us of medals we've won...without showing the accompanying video. I get that they can't have correspondents at every event, but they do have cameras there. Telling us we won gold at such and such rowing event without even showing us the 90 second race? It boggles the mind.

Even in past Olympics, I think both CBC and CTV used the same philosophy. They assumed that everyone watched the events live in the morning or afternoon and they treat the prime time show as a chance to do features and interviews. Generally, the American channels repackage everything in the evening show and pretend that it is happening live - but they ussually show the key performances (which are often Americans).

The Toronto Star has taken notice too, to the poor coverage of the Pan Am Games. Why they have poor coverage is seems to be everything from restriction from host broadcasters', funding issues and that they just can't "provide live coverage of all of the events". I think they just didn't get enough advertisers to air all the games on the main network.

Even online does not have live video of every event. There are no live videos of squash available (and comprehensive coverage includes coverage of niche sports such as squash). The CBC's coverage is not as comprehensive as advertised.

Squash fans have to resort to watching the sport in person.

Even online does not have live video of every event. There are no live videos of squash available (and comprehensive coverage includes coverage of niche sports such as squash). The CBC's coverage is not as comprehensive as advertised.

Squash fans have to resort to watching the sport in person.

I dunno why, but I have a feeling this has been all done on purpose. Pan Am organizers need to sell tickets by getting people in the GTA who are excited about the games into the stands and not watching television/online.

Even in past Olympics, I think both CBC and CTV used the same philosophy. They assumed that everyone watched the events live in the morning or afternoon and they treat the prime time show as a chance to do features and interviews.
Though CBC doesn't seem to be airing it in the morning or afternoon either. Nothing on this morning. Nothing on Sunday afternoon when I looked.

I was really excited about buying tickets for the closing ceremonies, but I can do without hearing Kanye West enjoying the sound of his own voice. Pitbull is just as irritating :(

I'd rather listen to Anne Murray than Pitbull or Kanye West.

One can sing.. At least.

Back