Based on a quick memory scan, this will be Tridel's first truly attractive building. So far they've managed decent run-of-the-mill stuff, but for the most part it's been downright offensive. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from Tridel.

That's what worries me about this building getting additional height, some of Tridel's mediocre looking projects. The design as we've seen it looks great but we all know that renderings can be very deceiving.

It is a Wallman though, and largely glass. Tridel's got deep pockets, so I'm sure they'll preserve the intended look. Hopefully they'll keep the ratio of spandrels to proper glass down a bit (i.e. unlike James Cooper Mansion). I think simple bad taste has been responsible for a lot of their past designs, so hopefully the same thing that sparked a move to more accomplished architect will carry over to the actual construction mentalities.

Fingers crossed!

I think that is simply to the top of the mechanical. 156m is that taller than originally mentioned.

Based on a quick memory scan, this will be Tridel's first truly attractive building. So far they've managed decent run-of-the-mill stuff, but for the most part it's been downright offensive. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from Tridel.

Have you seen their West Village project in Etobicoke? Clearly they only put effort into their downtown proposals.

I'd have a lot more confidence if this was a Minto project instead of a Tridel. Minto Spring, which is nothing special, is leagues ahead of James Cooper Mansion, which is truly awful, even appalling.

A little more action happening at 300 Front

4769322163_012666c228_b.jpg

^It's Rudy Wallmann, folks! Trust the architect, not the developer. It's a signature project for him - they even got him to do that video - I don't think he'd let them screw it up. I have faith.

I love the design of 300 front. its very sleek and tall! plus, the park implementation they'll have at the corner should be really interesting... this should really fill in some space on John!.. if you ask me this was one nasty looking parking lot (esp with the rubbish behind it :D)!

Aren't buyers afraid of the risk of getting cancer, living in front of the hydro station??

Back