I hadnt noticed before that a portion of this block is remaining a parking lot... had thought that 300 was taking up the whole block. That does raise some concerns about the future of that property.

The lot is a whole lot wider than Museum House. Pretty sure it belongs to the substation.

From today...
20100814124.jpg

20100814125.jpg

I've never noticed that big TRIDEL sign on the south end of the site. it really reminds me of the big 18 YORK logo they put up along york street.
Can someone tell me if this is Tridels tallest tower ever?

I've never noticed that big TRIDEL sign on the south end of the site. it really reminds me of the big 18 YORK logo they put up along york street.
Can someone tell me if this is Tridels tallest tower ever?

Hullmark will be taller.

I just hope Tridel does an outstanding job on this building. A lot of downtown buildings have been getting the love-hate recently.

But.. I am just happy that Tridel is a very green developer.

I don't understand. Sure Icon is a Tridel building but, it's from an entirely different era; before glass spandrel. It compares quite well to the other buildings built around 2000-2003

^No it doesn't. Compare the quality of the Icon to the Morgan, or District Lofts.

And to think people buy the marketing bs that Tridel "Builds Green." Nonsense--just spend a day on a construction site to find out the truth!

^Aqua, 8 Park Road, University Plaza, Riviera

I too prefer the design of District Lofts but I wouldn't say the quality is better. It's developing the same rust spots, discolourations, and dirty caulking everywhere

Taken this morning, things moving along pretty quickly. There are some very large chunks of concrete coming out anyone know what was here before the parking lot?

4971140646_ab99e6b12a_b.jpg

Back