from today...
050.jpg

This one seems to be going quite slowly. It's not surprising given that there appears to be only one excavator on the whole lot.

re the small parking lot to the west of this site. It is quite small, and i wonder why it was not incorporated into this project. Is that lot even large enough for another building?

re the small parking lot to the west of this site. It is quite small, and i wonder why it was not incorporated into this project. Is that lot even large enough for another building?

Up close its larger than on the photo. The 300 front pit is enormus that probably why the illusion....

I guess the owners didn't want to sell or weren't offered the right price. I remember reading in the development application that they raised objection to the city reorientating the tower to the west side of the property.

At one of the communuity meetings, Rudy Wallman did mention that the property to the west did have plans for development and that his original plan was to give it some space but then the City pushed them to put the park on the corner to the east.

personally, i wouldn't want to live anywhere close to that power station let alone right beside it

I am wondering if there will be some kind of screen to cover the power station once the condo is built.
Not so much to hide it visually, but to protect it from flying debris from the balconies (intensional or not: thrown bottles, etc.). Don't know if the tower is close enough to the power station to pose this danger.

There are no balconies on the side facing the substation. Not even windows.

Back