Without an enormous bridge, that would be next to impossible, unfortunately.
I meant via level crossing along Osler. But yes...very tight squeeze....
RailpathNorth.png

For all the southbound congestion on Keele around Dundas, I rarely have issues when I need to drive northbound from Dundas to St. Clair. You could do take one northbound lane of Keele and turn it into a bi-directional bike path and motor vehicle traffic wouldn't be affected much. It would be transformative for cycling in the area.

Event Information: 5 & 43 Junction Road

Date and time:Wednesday, November 17, 2021 7:00 pm
Eastern Standard Time (Toronto, GMT-05:00)
Change time zone
Duration:3 hours
Description:
5 & 43 Junction Rd. OPA, Rezoning and Plan of Subdivision

Community Consultation Meeting

For all the southbound congestion on Keele around Dundas, I rarely have issues when I need to drive northbound from Dundas to St. Clair. You could do take one northbound lane of Keele and turn it into a bi-directional bike path and motor vehicle traffic wouldn't be affected much. It would be transformative for cycling in the area.
Cycling through here yesterday, and as someone who also drives through the area, this really would be the perfect solution. The congestion at this choke point is southbound towards Dundas, and removing a northbound lane should be a no-brainer. Cycling under the rail overpass in mixed-traffic is atrocious.

Wow! This one must of escaped my radar ! The building with the rounded white balconies really pops out from the others. But it's in a bad location for its beautiness. It certainly belongs by the waterfront as seen in the little thumbnail box on the very top!

Wow! This one must of escaped my radar ! The building with the rounded white balconies really pops out from the others. But it's in a bad location for its beautiness. It certainly belongs by the waterfront as seen in the little thumbnail box on the very top!

This part of the neighbourhood is fascinating with its history and mixed-use nature. We lost a lot of history on the site with the demolition of the historic silos and the Victorian flour mill. Why should it be saddled with bad design?

This part of the neighbourhood is fascinating with its history and mixed-use nature. We lost a lot of history on the site with the demolition of the historic silos and the Victorian flour mill. Why should it be saddled with bad design?

Speaking of mixed-use nature of the neighbourhood.... I've always enjoyed passing by this semi-detached at Cawthra and Lloyd. :)

No doubt the Transportation Study (haven't read it yet) will argue that the local road system when combined with the new GO station at St Clair will be able to handle the extra traffic that will be created by this plan…

…and while I normally put stock in those studies, I just cannot see how this one could be argued without serious fudging some projections re: modal share.

I'm thinking that the only way to make traffic work in this area again would actually be to remove private vehicular access under the rail corridor: make Keele under the bridge seen in that pic TTC only, and force those who clog that road now to consider other routes and ultimately other modes of getting around this area. Keele is just about the worst, most chronically clogged street in the West End and only drastic action will make any difference here.

So....today's post made me look at this older one...............which in turn made me look at the 3-part Transportation Impact Study. Some highlights below:

1635458789281.png

1635458828987.png

1635458877237.png

1635458918637.png

6 spaces within the Phase 1 non-residential parking
area are to be dedicated car-pool spaces, meeting the TGS V3.0 AQ1.2 requirements.

From their demand-management plan:

1635459122002.png

1635459185783.png

Woo Hoo!, they're putting in a sidewalk; that'll get everyone on transit! LOL

1635459239103.png

1635459263461.png

1635459333723.png

1635459456794.png

Lots more in the Docs.

Sorry I don't know the history of this area. But this development doesn't look that bad. The rendering of the buildings could have looked worse. Just look at some of the buildings in the downtown core !

From an article in Canadian Grocer, discussing the plans of Organic Garage, we get the sense that perhaps plans here are not quite imminent.....

1636163394823.png

Certainly it's easily possible, given a proposal of this size to reimburse, any reno costs to Organic Garage should plans unfold quickly; but given that we know the proponent and the retailer are talking (since a new location for the supermarket is shown in the plans), I think we can assume that advice has been given that construction is not likely in the short-term or $$ would not be poured into the existing store.

(I say this, and, of all people should no better, I've seen stupider things done...........but still)..........

We all know the planning process takes time, but I expect this indicates that the first building is not likely targeted for occupancy in the next 4-5 years.

Back