wallpaper is up on the lower floors. I'll take pics when the carpeting goes in. Haven't seen much progress in the lobby.

Also, the wood in the pics above are actually wood veneer and not wallpaper.

south west view from 22nd floor.

p1030294k.jpg

p1030296i.jpg

p1030297j.jpg

p1030316f.jpg

p1030314p.jpg

p1030310q.jpg

p1030307s.jpg

Last edited:
south west view from 22nd floor.

That's a great update from inside 500, the interior shots look terrific. What a shame with Verve in the way there blocking the much of the view of the downtown office buildings.

I attended the Committee of Adjustment meeting today regarding the increase in condo units by 20 and reduction of parking spaces by 50. The developer had split some bigger units into smaller ones thus gaining 20 extra units. By law the developer had to provide 245 parking spaces (smaller units were not entitled to buy a space). Originally he had planned to build 324 parking spaces, but ended up building only 274. The question today was whether the reduction of 50 parking spaces was permissible in view of the additional 20 units he added to the building. His application was granted since more than the legally required parking spaces are still provided (including 2 car share spaces).
Is the addition of 20 more (smaller) units a benefit to the building? I have my doubts. Most likely more younger people will move in and out more often as they tend to do at City Place.

the newest views from our unit on the 34th floor. Spectacular views. The balconies are 5 ft deep and therefore deeper than in most condos ( 4 ft).

Attachments

• 500-5.jpg
    500-5.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 289
  • 500-8.jpg
    500-8.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 286
  • 500-1.jpg
    500-1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 500-2.jpg
    500-2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 298
  • 500-7.jpg
    500-7.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 500-3.jpg
    500-3.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 309
  • 500-6.jpg
    500-6.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 299
  • 500-4.jpg
    500-4.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 282
April 30th/May 2nd Update

Some of today's photos are a little fuzzy due to the smoggy conditions

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I took these around 11 this morning (Sunday), normally there is a fair amount of pedestrian traffic during the week but on the other (east) side of Sherbourne.

OMG... dt_toronto_geek... I think I saw you this morning!!! I was taking the dogs out for their walk & saw someone taking picutres of 500 (the 3rd picture posted). I don't think I'll be able to recognise you thou cos it was just a quite glance of the side of your face. Such coincidence. Yesterday I heard a man chatting to a friend about his unit in 500; how he's enjoying his new unit & stuff. So glad to hear that.

Last edited:
I saw you and I tried to include you and the dogs when I composed the shot but I was too slow at the wheel.
I've made a few negative comments about 500 in the past as it was going up but I have to say the last few times that I've been by I've come to like it. The grey and beige work fine together, the bottom three floors work with a great entrance and the roof turned out well. Would have been nice to have a shop out front but that's about my only beef. Certainly the suites and materials used have turned out well too. Nicely done.

The project turned out way, way better than I could have imagined. Much better than Verve and, so far, better than James Cooper Mansion. This is real sleeper for me. Thanks for the update dt_toronto_geek.

Back