Come on, lets get this off the ground before criticizing it. Certain people got to get a grip and get their heads checked in this New Year...:rolleyes:

The only 'action' I can see from my office window (sorry, no pics yet) is that chain link fencing, with what appears to be some dark green fabric (?), has been put up around the perimeter of the site. The surface parking lot is no longer accessible and there is a trailer on site (to the west of the ramp leading to the underground shipping/receiving area).

Well, it's activity at any rate. I'd imagine it'll be awhile before major construction starts, there's still hoarding to be built and piles to be driven.

Is the parking ramp off of Gerrard also closed tho? I was under the impression that the ramp was going to be either removed or replaced during the construction of Aura. If I'm not mistaken the loading docks can also be reached from the Bay St. parking garage entrance at RoCP, but I'm not sure about overhead clearance for bringing in large trailers.

Well, it's activity at any rate. I'd imagine it'll be awhile before major construction starts, there's still hoarding to be built and piles to be driven.

Is the parking ramp off of Gerrard also closed tho? I was under the impression that the ramp was going to be either removed or replaced during the construction of Aura. If I'm not mistaken the loading docks can also be reached from the Bay St. parking garage entrance at RoCP, but I'm not sure about overhead clearance for bringing in large trailers.

There still appears to be access to the parking ramp. I think the podium will be built over the ramp but I could be wrong - the planning documents should be able to clear that up.

Walked by the site on my way to work this morning and a small crew from CBS was there to dismantal the billboards.

Great to hear they’re starting. They won’t need full hoarding for a while so the chainlink will be there for the shoring and early excavation.

The big outdoor ramp you see on Gerrard is the loading ramp. It will be relocated temporarily (still accessing Gerrard) while the permanent ramp (located roughly where the current ramp is) is built within the Aura project. The new loading ramp will cut through the parking garage but will be separate from the parking. Aura’s parking will be accessed from a new ramp located west of the loading ramp.

The two ramps to the existing College Park parking lot will remain in place through construction and will not require closure. The one on Gerrard actually runs underneath the Liberties.

When I walked by last night I noted that all the light standards in the parking lot were off, as if the electrical had been cut already.

The big outdoor ramp you see on Gerrard is the loading ramp. It will be relocated temporarily (still accessing Gerrard) while the permanent ramp (located roughly where the current ramp is) is built within the Aura project. The new loading ramp will cut through the parking garage but will be separate from the parking. Aura’s parking will be accessed from a new ramp located west of the loading ramp.

Thanks for clarifying. So I suppose it'll be a bit like MLS where they had the temporary access ramp running through the basement

I found this nice shot on Flickr... Even though Aura isnt there yet... I bet it will look SWEET from this angle!... (you'll just have to picture what it'll look like for now!)

By seekdes on Flickr:

4229655084_69c3fd3083_b.jpg

I found this nice shot on Flickr... Even though Aura isnt there yet... I bet it will look SWEET from this angle!... (you'll just have to picture what it'll look like for now!)

That's a great shot.
I think it will be several years before Aura will be visible from that vantage point what with the Maclean Hunter Building in the foreground there.

Back