well educated people still believe in these myths?

Well-educated is not a synonym for smart. And smart or no, everyone has their blind spots.

For instance, did you know lots of otherwise intelligent people are convinced that really tall buildings are more important than a vibrant street level? Crazy, I know.

Well-educated is not a synonym for smart. And smart or no, everyone has their blind spots.

For instance, did you know lots of otherwise intelligent people are convinced that really tall buildings are more important than a vibrant street level? Crazy, I know.

if you don't like tall buildings go back to the country you hillbilly

If only 1% of possible buyers will not buy a condo on the 13th floor, the builder will skip the 13th, since that will mean he'll have 1 more prospective customer in every hundred prospective customers. Makes financial sense to me, even though it's a bit silly.

and what about the people who think that 13 is a lucky number?
Lol! they will search the whole city for a condo building with 13th floor.

There are not enough of them to worry about! And they wouldn't have to search for very long to find a 13th floor.:)
and what about the people who think that 13 is a lucky number?
Lol! they will search the whole city for a condo building with 13th floor.

Lol! we are talking about 13th floor. a !6 year old from New Jersey was arrested on Monday for climbing the top of the spire of Freedom tower NYC to take pictures of NYC.

The shops in Aura's basement are having a sidewalk sale today. I guess they are starting to make an effort to get customers. They even put up signs, balloons and mannequins. It was more crowded than I've ever seen it before but that's not saying much. Oh well, it's a start, I guess.

I visited a few units on the 47 and 54 fl and the views are amazing.
DSC_4717.JPG

from 54 fl looking west over University Ave.
DSC_4730.JPG

DSC_4731.JPG

from 47th fl looking east and looking south over Ryerson

These views will be even more spectacular in about a month & a half once leaves are on trees.

Fantastic pics of the views! I still think the Eaton Centre towers are the biggest skyline and streetscape killer we have, mainly because cause they're so large, so white in contrast with their surroundings, have awkward irregular footprints, and awkward positioning.

As for Aura, I really can't wait any longer to see how the crown goes up. It's a weird thing with these types of high profile projects, I never can seem to find the detailed elevation PDF's/torontolegdoc files for these buildings. Big projects like Trump and Aura never see them released so we don't have a precise idea of how they will look in finished form.

Back