Hi, I'm the one who created the time lapse video. I have posted another one here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethervizion/4255743604/.

I do plan to take a photo everyday. I'll compile the sequence into a time lapse video every once in a while (maybe once a month or so) as well as creating occasional single-day time lapse videos, like the two I've posted so far. I'll be putting everything here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethervizion/sets/72157623163464564/.

Stay tuned!

excellent work with the time lapse videos! it would be awesome if you had access to a webcam to film the construction 24/7. you have an amazing vantage point. welcome to UT!

cross your fingers

lets hope this doesn't turn out to be another 1 bloor east or bay and adalaide.

The Delta is a converted apartment slab (at least the old half) and possibly even a converted student appartment slab. I wouldn't go so far to claim it reminds me Toronto has so far to go since it wasn't built yesterday but, it's not a building I would cry over if it disappeared.

AFAIK it was built and planned as a hotel from the start. That just happens to be generic 70s hotel architecture.

That said, it probably gets a quasi-unfair rap--or at least the bad rap is aggravated--simply because the Gerrard face is so overexposed due to the parking across the street...

AFAIK it was built and planned as a hotel from the start.--unfortuatlly I'm old enough to remember,it was planned as an apartment building and part way through construction it was purchased and converted to a hotel.

AFAIK it was built and planned as a hotel from the start. That just happens to be generic 70s hotel architecture.

That said, it probably gets a quasi-unfair rap--or at least the bad rap is aggravated--simply because the Gerrard face is so overexposed due to the parking across the street...

It'll be very interesting to see how it's re-contextualized with Aura across the street. I suspect it'll look far more attractive though still no great beauty. Even better if it was boxed in at Bay and Gerrard too.

Last edited:
Staging Pile Drivers

Drove by today, looks like the three "pile drivers" are set up to go but no ground broken that I could see.

That "fence" looks like coloured sheets and not really high at all. Must be temporary..

Now we have a fenced in pile driving site..ready to go!!

excellent work with the time lapse videos! it would be awesome if you had access to a webcam to film the construction 24/7. you have an amazing vantage point. welcome to UT!

Thanks. Unfortunately, no webcam (and if I made it publicly accessible, I'm sure I'd use up all my bandwidth!).

One more video, from Friday:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethervizion/4261390186/

Not a whole lot happening, but at least there's some digging (and covering back up...). As far as I could tell, nothing much happened today (Saturday).

Edit: Sorry, I linked to the old video. Fixed now.

Last edited:
Thanks. Unfortunately, no webcam (and if I made it publicly accessible, I'm sure I'd use up all my bandwidth!).

One more video, from Friday:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethervizion/4255743604/

Not a whole lot happening, but at least there's some digging (and covering back up...). As far as I could tell, nothing much happened today (Saturday).

i love the video you posted from Friday. the transition from day to night is amazing. what equipment are you using to create these cool vids?

is this delay in starting construction...normal?

now that Canderel has finally started the construction process of Aura, it's hard to believe that it was almost 2 years ago that this project was released to public. looking back in the forum, it seemed like units were sold fairly quickly and it was soon that 90%+ of the units in the condo were sold.

is this unusual for for preconstruction condos to start building 2 years after it's release?

secondly, does anyone have the pricelist during the VIP sales? i was just curious as to how prices have changed in these past 2 years

Back