Does anyone know what the percentage of sold units in this building is? Any chance of a height decrease? I really hope they build it to the promised height. If they don't, can they be sued for false advertising? (assuming that it would no longer be Canada's tallest condo).

Apart from a couple of penthouse units and the top mega-penthouse, I believe Aura is pretty much sold out.
On their web site it says that the Tower Suites (floors 5-55) are sold out and that there are a handful of suites (2 unit types advertised) in the Executive Suites (floors 56-71).
I think it's fairly certain (failing global economic collapse) that this one will reach it's promised height!

One thing i still find hard picturing is how high you'll have to look up to see this building. Just picturing something like a commerce court west right here looking up is going to be amazing. it really takes a toll on your neck when you have to look up that high. but worth it.

I remember when Collage Park used to be so dead. The retail seemed to be doing little business but these days it's so crowded every time I pass through. I can only imagine how busy this place will be once Aura is completed and more retail is added. It's interesting to see how retail centres can go from ghost towns to bustling meccas in a short time. Maybe it's the magic of Dollarramma! lol

Dollarama & Metro :)
It is quite amazing how 1 retail outlet can change a place. Peanut Plaza was like a ghost town until they put in a big chinese supermarket. Now you can't find a place to park.
Sorry... I digress... this IS supposed to be about Aura!

Dollarama & Metro :)
It is quite amazing how 1 retail outlet can change a place. Peanut Plaza was like a ghost town until they put in a big chinese supermarket. Now you can't find a place to park.
Sorry... I digress... this IS supposed to be about Aura!

Aura is however going to be synonymous with everything College Park by the time it opens, it's influence is going to be immense in all areas. College Park will finally get the kind of retail traffic that the original Eaton's people had envisioned way back when the Eaton's building was first built, but never actually materialized.

I remember skating at that rink when I used to live in the area, prior to RoCP, it's quite an amazing transformation that's happening.

It's interesting to see how retail centres can go from ghost towns to bustling meccas in a short time. Maybe it's the magic of Dollarramma! lol

It's not that amazing considering the number of new people that have moved into all the new condos.

I think they still have 2/3 vacancies directory on Yonge street that have been around for a while now.

Note the quotes. I didn't mean "banalization" as a derogatory slur, even though I can see how it can be used as one.

No one should have to apologize for calling Winners "banal". It's a starkly lit discount store with ugly mass-produced goods (and the occasional upmarket item). Nothing against the people who shop there -- I do so myself. What Adma was getting at, I think, is the contrast between what College Park was supposed to be (Toronto's premier high-end shopping destination) versus what it has become.

And remember -- College Park failed to live up to developers' aspirations twice: In the Thirties with Eaton's and in the Seventies when it was redeveloped.

Jan 09 visit
5341509508_95ee936d56_b.jpg

5340899637_38ecb929af_b.jpg

5340895651_ddf4d814a1_b.jpg

5341505114_366c82c0a0_b.jpg

5341502994_18c36eb882_b.jpg

5341500838_661a814b82_b.jpg

5341513380_7036c78cc4_b.jpg

Back