You're probably not the only one who had a similar experience. But saying ESPN has little coverage of the CFL is like me saying I watch CNN and can't get enough Canadian content. TSN signed a new TV deal that was 2.5X more per year than the old one. You may not be alone, but clearly people are paying attention

I always use to read espn but now I got satellite radio in my car I have become a ESPN Junkie... I get your cnn comparison but I don't think it holds up unless you are suggesting the only reason to watch CFL is because its Canadian. ESPN covers what many feel are the best sports including premier league soccer which is not American showing that ESPN doesn't have a nationality bias. If the CFL was the better league or at least on par by consensus it would be covered on ESPN. However it is no where near on par so it pretty much is never mentioned. Anyways CNN has had plenty of Rob Ford for the last four years.

Why in the world would anyone become an ESPN junkie? A misguided belief that Americans cover only "the best"? Bizarre sports fandom we have in this city.

TSN bigger joke... Anyways did not mean to derail the thread and hope that this can get booked although I want to keep real grass at BMO which doesn't seem possible with a football team.

You do realize ESPN owns 20% of TSN? Also, ESPN2 aired the Grey Cup last night. It may not stack up to the NFL, but the CFL is essentially the only other legitimate pro-football league in the world and it does have its merits.

Why in the world would anyone become an ESPN junkie? A misguided belief that Americans cover only "the best"? Bizarre sports fandom we have in this city.

Canadian sports coverage is pretty terrible for anything that isn't hockey or the CFL. I mean I personally think ESPN has kind of become a joke with their loud mouth personalities but even then they still employ some of the best baseball, basketball and NFL reporters. I mean look at the Raptors beat reporters, they are all terrible and know nothing about basketball and get outscooped constantly by American reporters when it comes to even Raptor news and trades. The baseball reporters in this country are mostly terrible as well with a few exceptions.

Last edited:
Canadian sports coverage is pretty terrible for anything that isn't hockey or the CFL. I mean I personally think ESPN has kind of become a joke with their loud mouth personalities but even then they still employ some of the best baseball, basketball and NFL reporters. I mean look at the Raptors beat reporters, they are all terrible and know nothing about basketball and get outscooped constantly by American reporters when it comes to even Raptor news and trades. The baseball reporters in this country are mostly terrible as well with a few exceptions.
Mostly true, and it does make sense that Americans would be the best at reporting on American sports. My point was just that it makes no sense to only pay attention to one channel at the expense of all others.

Thanks Flint

yes thanks but I hope he does not get in trouble for posting pics of the BMO expansion in the "CFL versus NFL" thread...you know the one with the subtitle "is ESPN better than its partial sub TSN"

LOL i apologize for my mistake.

LOL i apologize for my mistake.

It is funny but just this morning I was stopped a the light on Lakeshore looking in at the construction and said to myself "I should leave enough time some day to pop in there and take some pics for UT".....you saved me the effort!

B4HgOwmCAAEHw5o.jpg

tweeted by the club today.

Attachments

• B4HgOwmCAAEHw5o.jpg
    B4HgOwmCAAEHw5o.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,310
Last edited by a moderator:

Back