News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I remember a few years ago when Duggan's Brewery in Parkdale (at Queen W & Brock) used to be my regular watering hole. And this was before their decline and moved to the basement space to eventually make way for the owner's collaboration with Doomie's to form "Vegandale Brewery". One of my favourite bartenders told me that she is totally against having TVs installed as it takes away from the focus of a bar being a social space. But eventually management and the owner caved in and it became another place that blended in to be a partial sports bar.

Reminds me as well of a bar I visited when in Buffalo, called Forty Thieves in Elmwood Village. From the outside it looks like a fancier gastropub type place. But inside they have a section with the whole TV screen set ups showing the Buffalo Bills game, etc.

I remember a few years ago when Duggan's Brewery in Parkdale (at Queen W & Brock) used to be my regular watering hole.

I never did check it out at this location.
I did however spend my 25th birthday celebration inside Duggan's downtown. It was one of those 6 hour+ deals I mentioned above. Good times, someone paid my entire 350$ tab, bless their generous souls. Some sort of plot amongst my friends, no doubt.
Miss that place, kinda.

I never did check it out at this location.
I did however spend my 25th birthday celebration inside Duggan's downtown. It was one of those 6 hour+ deals I mentioned above. Good times, someone paid my entire 350$ tab, bless their generous souls. Some sort of plot amongst my friends, no doubt.
Miss that place, kinda.

I remember when they had the downtown location. The owner and brewmaster makes good beer. IMO the issue is that they lack a consistent strategy. They strayed away from what worked for them and gradually faded.

My favourite locally brewed beer in Toronto was their Parkdale Bomber. Which was a stronger golden lager that balanced between malty sweetness and hops. But they took it off their taps. Admittedly I also stopped going when most of their bartending staff core left.

I remember a few years ago when Duggan's Brewery in Parkdale (at Queen W & Brock) used to be my regular watering hole. And this was before their decline and moved to the basement space to eventually make way for the owner's collaboration with Doomie's to form "Vegandale Brewery". One of my favourite bartenders told me that she is totally against having TVs installed as it takes away from the focus of a bar being a social space. But eventually management and the owner caved in and it became another place that blended in to be a partial sports bar.

Reminds me as well of a bar I visited when in Buffalo, called Forty Thieves in Elmwood Village. From the outside it looks like a fancier gastropub type place. But inside they have a section with the whole TV screen set ups showing the Buffalo Bills game, etc.

Duggan's brews the Vegandale branded beer.

3 Brewers are closing several locations in the GTA including: Liberty Village, Financial District, Richmond Hill and Mississauga.

Only their Yonge & Dundas location will remain.

'A lot of love in this': Beer historian, local brewery create brew using recipe from the 1800s

Jordan St. John believes they have a near replica of William Helliwell’s brew

Desmond Brown · CBC News · Posted: Jan 24, 2020 6:57 PM ET

Beer expert and historian Jordan St. John has teamed up Muddy York Brewing Co., an award-winning craft beer company in East York, to create a brand new beer based on a recipe from the 1800s.

The recipe was put together from notes in a diary by William Helliwell — the brewer at Todmorden Mill in the 1820s and 30s. Todmorden Mill was located at the bottom of Pottery Road.

With the Vegandale Brewery/Doomies collaboration now over, it looks like Duggans will be moving back into the main ground level unit at Queen West & Brock:

20200223_165038.jpg
20200223_165055.jpg

More comprehensive list with all shipping details and promos within Ontario:

Steamlined site for GTA:

Site tracking new GTA online releases:

The Junction brewpub Indie Alehouse, one of several Toronto breweries doing delivery in Toronto, has just launched a fun new brew called Stay Home.

According to Indie Alehouse, $1 from every can bought will go toward their Indie Staff Fund, which was started to help support temporarily laid-off staff of the brewery.

Back