Taken July 28

20230728_194016.jpg

20230728_194021.jpg

Any updates on Brightwater since Tims fly past in July? I have not had business in the area and so have not seen the progress. I am curious about the treatments applied to the frontage along Lakeshore that appeared to be getting underway. Pedestrian friendly street scape? Bicycle lanes and other bicycle friendly street scapes? Or strictly car orientation?

IMG_2952.jpeg
IMG_2951.jpeg
IMG_2950.jpeg
IMG_2949.jpeg
IMG_2948.jpeg
IMG_2946.jpeg
IMG_2944.jpeg
IMG_2943.jpeg
IMG_2945.jpeg
IMG_2947.jpeg

I was in the area of Brightwater on Tuesday and took some rushed photos from Mississauga Road, the lake side of Lakeshore Rd. Note the lack of any accommodation for cyclists on Lakeshore, and a lovely separated bike lane on Missauaga Rd (south of Lakeshore only) that connects at one end with a lakeside park and at the other with zilch. Not sure of Mississaugas plans for bike lanes on Lakeshore, although in places there was/is a multi use trail. Does seem like a lost opportunity however.

Last edited:
It's really amazing how quickly they were able to build this, but I can't help but feel that the site plan is so anti-urban with the spread out buildings and wide streets....

I am very anxious to see how the landscaping turns out across the whole community - hopefully it helps stitch things together.

Agreed. Layout not the best. Also, this looks like it could be pretty much anywhere in the suburban GTA. Doesn't exactly give me Port Credit vibes. Not really sure what they're doing with the alignment of the intersection of Mississauga Rd and Lakeshore- it's looking really messed up.

Agreed. Layout not the best. Also, this looks like it could be pretty much anywhere in the suburban GTA. Doesn't exactly give me Port Credit vibes. Not really sure what they're doing with the alignment of the intersection of Mississauga Rd and Lakeshore- it's looking really messed up.
Agreed with all of this. And I know that the corner building of Mississauga and the Lakeshore has been envisioned as it is from the beginning, but again, it seems like some opportunity is lost here for adding some height, some office and commercial above grade level, some residential , and perhaps some ’signature’ design to the corner. Sour grapes maybe, but this will most likely look like so many other major intersections throughout Mississauga.

Have any other investors been super anxious about this project? Out of all the projects I’ve invested in this seems the most overvalued and worst cash flowing asset. Can’t believe they sold this shit show for so much in 2020
I wouldn't call it a shitshow. This will be a nice community when built out. With pre-con Ya pay yer mony and take yer chances!

Have any other investors been super anxious about this project? Out of all the projects I’ve invested in this seems the most overvalued and worst cash flowing asset. Can’t believe they sold this shit show for so much in 2020
This project was timed right for the selling right before the major interest rate hikes... the issue is the location is so far away. Lets see how the assignment sales go. Especially the towns make no sense at 1.7 Mil +.. might as well buy a nice detached with loads of land in the area.

@interchange42 The crane that was building the public housing component at the east of the site was removed sometime in the last month. I noticed it was gone when I was there this afternoon. Only one crane on site and that is at the Mason.

I was amazed how strong sales were for this project. they sold quicker and for the same price as downtown projects that were launching at the same time

Back