You'd think they could use said water to make a really neat water feature for the foyer. Like a fountain. Or a wishing well. Or a dank hole down which undesirables can be thrown.

And if all else fails: hey, we're talking about condos with Veneto names, good alibi for any regular floods that take place

O God, don't let developers catch on...

We'll have The Chioggia, The Vicenza and the Schio....

Picture it: Steps from the TTC, it's: The Lepanto, Battle of.

this has really slowed down:(i really like this project too. it better not go on hold

haha, I walk by this site regularly and if anything I've noticed things picking up. When did you walk by? In the evening? On a Sunday?

Not slowed down from where i stand

Seemed to be moving OK this morning.

3510952014_7f9cbfde12_b.jpg

3510952656_dd7385b941_b.jpg

May 23rd Update

Burano is moving along well

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

No evidence of an underground river (yet). That's just standard shoring, not caisson walls, right?

No evidence of an underground river (yet). That's just standard shoring, not caisson walls, right?

That's correct, they decided not to do that because of the potential for collapse with the underground stream nearby. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the stream meanders underneath Bay Street and beside Murano on the other side of the street. I remember Murano having major delays due to flooding in digging out of their base.

I don't have any pictures, but walking by the site today I saw that the hole is getting really deep. Glad to see this one moving along.

June 9th Update

Good progress here

That's correct, they decided not to do that because of the potential for collapse with the underground stream nearby. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the stream meanders underneath Bay Street and beside Murano on the other side of the street. I remember Murano having major delays due to flooding in digging out of their base.

Yesterday I noticed the installation of segmented metal pipes with multiple inlets around the perimeter of the excavation, and plastic piping snaking down to the excavation line. Looks like they're preparing for sumpin'.

^ The site has severe water issues. I haven't been by the site to see what you are describing, but it may be a mitigation method to deal with the on-site water.

June 22nd

Good progress continues with no indication of a slowdown (i.e. underground river)

Completion Date?

Anyone have any idea of the completion date. When I bought, it was 2010 but I can't see that happening... or could it?

Back