I think it would be intersting if they could enclose the old facade, or a section of it, within a new glass atrium. I'm all for new but i really hate it when displace older architecture, especially when it has some historical or aesthetic merit.

Unfortunately that would never happen. This site is too small for that.

Dec. 5th Update

The south and north end of the site respectively

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Thanks for the shots...

****I'm getting deja-vu from this one... Doesn't Burano remind you of Shangri-la according to the shape of it's lot (slanted) and the look of the hole!

hmm....

This one's gonna get real interesting as soon as it reaches the surface...

Dec 06

IMG_dec-06-09-0081.jpg

Then there's this little nugget. Lanterra is looking for some kind of modification to the podium and trying for two more floors to move Burano up to 50-storey's

Any info on what happened to the proposed floor increase and new podium?
I don't think there weren't any follow-up on what happened
cheers!

I don't see much wrong with Burano's podium... I don't think there is a must-need for a redesign.. But an extra floor or two is ALWAYS welcomed!

Thanks for the shots...

****I'm getting deja-vu from this one... Doesn't Burano remind you of Shangri-la according to the shape of it's lot (slanted) and the look of the hole!

I've also thought the same thing several times steveve, only Burano has a smaller footprint than Shangri-la but close enough.

really great site overview shot Mike! ^^^

wow!... the site is alot smaller than i thought it was! Interesting shape too!

Almost at ground level... not quite there yet but there's definite progress!

My guess is you took that from Murano... sweet you got up there :)

I particularly liked how the crane extends up and to the right, out of frame. The image was already quite dramatic, but that red-and-white crane puts a bow on it -- merry Christmas!

A definite "pic of the day".

great updates! the site is really long!!! almost like a boat!

like Noah's Ark!

Last edited:

Back