Indeed, this is moving along really quickly. It's a remarkable contrast to what happened across the street with Murano with the water problems they ran into.

Toronto City Police, OPP and Mounties line up Bay Street to pay final respect to the two Mounties (Supt. Doug Coates & Sgt Mark Gallagher) killed in the Haiti Earthquake. .. with the Burano site in the background.

4298700736_dcc31e04f1_b.jpg

That's a very dramatic shot, I've never seen law enforcement vehicles lined up like that to receive their fallen brothers. Catching the entire Burano site in the shot from Murano is a bonus.

Feb. 8th Update

Burano is coming close to hitting ground level, perhaps by late March or early April?

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Below, Burnao's crane from north of the site, the south end of the pit facing north and the north end of the pit facing south, respectively.

Great updates!:

LOL! Burano pit/site has always reminded me of Shangri-la!... And right now, they look identical in progress too!

what an improvement to this stretch of Bay since I first arrived in the city in 1989...for me, Burano is the crowning piece. now if they can just work their way down to Dundas next.

not so much... I have some shots from the CN Tower from '93. No spire yet on the former BCE, Bay-Wellington not yet topped out, Metro Hall under construction, Simcoe Place an open pit and the Spadina bridge in an empty wasteland. Shall I bring them tonight?

what an improvement to this stretch of Bay since I first arrived in the city in 1989...for me, Burano is the crowning piece. now if they can just work their way down to Dundas next.

I agree...

There are plenty of gaps/room for improvement in the area of Bay St. from College down to around Dundas...

ESP the empty parking lot at Bay/Dundas... YUCK!

South along Queen the street canyon builds up again.. we just have a few gaps in between :(

not so much... I have some shots from the CN Tower from '93. No spire yet on the former BCE, Bay-Wellington not yet topped out, Metro Hall under construction, Simcoe Place an open pit and the Spadina bridge in an empty wasteland. Shall I bring them tonight?

Bring them where?

Back