Burano from my POV nearing Murano's south tower

surely the view from both Murano towers is getting much more claustrophobic now with this monster occupying the entire east side of a bay street block!
In all honesty, even with Burano, Murano has some of the most well-rounded views in the city... The west view (hurt a little by Burano, but you can still see a lot of things), gets a city view of bay street ON TOP OF a killer view of Queens Park... think of it as a Central Park view, and to the south, the epicness of the "main skyline", to the north, Yorkville, and to the east, not much, except the south-east view is gonna be killer when Aura is built!

If 21 Grenville gets the go-ahead there goes a portion of east views in the south tower. Then there's Lanterrra's Yonge Street project between Alexander & Maitland, two 58's blocking more eastern vistas.

Burano continues it's menacing approach skyward.

burano-18-09-2011.jpg

The angle of view from Bay or from the East is good, but from the West (where I view it from MaRS), Burano clashes with the classically proportioned massing of the Murano buildings, or as Urban Shocker calls them - the Olsen twins. The parallelogram shape is an unpleasant contrast to the clean view of the sleek points behind it - and Burano looks slab-like when viewed from SW or NE.

I liked Murani

From College & University today. I like the view better from the east side with the two Murano towers in front.

Back