Survived Murano's falling glass to snap up some photos.

burano-08-08-2011-1.jpg

great updates tonight, cruzin!

i dig that POV ^^^, despite Murano's falling glass, they'll still very nice looking buildings on the skyline. I personally think that the glass is nicer than Burano next door,

It's yet to be seen re: Burano's glass but I think your right steveve and I also agree that Murano looks great. It's too bad that Murano's art component doesn't work and the building fails at street level. Still, Murano & Lumiere are the best on Bay Street so far IMO.

Survived Murano's falling glass to snap up some photos.

Oh you wimp, your well over a block south of Murano! :). Great shot though!

Oh you wimp, your well over a block south of Murano! :). Great shot though!

True. :) I was thinking of "I survived Murano's falling glass" t-shirts. Burano has turned out to be rather monstrous from street level.

From Yonge St. after trying out "Yogurt Spoon".
burano-08-08-2011-2.jpg

I was thinking of "I survived Murano's falling glass" t-shirts. Burano has turned out to be rather monstrous from street level.

Another terrific shot cruzin4me, er, cruzin4u. I like the t-shirt idea, hardcore UT'ers would snap those up. Perhaps you are onto something here :).

It's yet to be seen re: Burano's glass but I think your right steveve and I also agree that Murano looks great. It's too bad that Murano's art component doesn't work and the building fails at street level. Still, Murano & Lumiere are the best on Bay Street so far IMO.

It really doesn't, but let's not rehash that one.

Your kidding ehh....I'll take ROCP any day.

Nope, not kidding. Are you? :)

Same here. Both Lumiere and Murano are boring glass buildings...

Well, glass condos aren't for everyone but as far as glass design goes, it doesn't get much better than the two Murano towers for condos on Bay Street. Over at Lumiere it's all about the details, and a handsome building to boot.

Nope, not kidding. Are you? :)

Well, glass condos aren't for everyone but as far as glass design goes, it doesn't get much better than the two Murano towers for condos on Bay Street. Over at Lumiere it's all about the details, and a handsome building to boot.

Thing is I actually DO like glass buildings, just not these ones. Murano looks unfinished and cheapish to me (I hate the unfinished columns). Lumiere isn't bad, I just dislike that huge horizontal section that sits above the ground floor. I think it's made out of black aluminum? Looks cheap to me. Glass buildings I like are 55 stewart, X, Spire, etc. They all seem to have a much more luxurious look to me.

Sorry it's crooked, it took me about 35 shots to get one good one hanging over my balcony without the use of a tripod. Moon over Burano last night around 2am, it seemed more dramatic at the time than it appears.

Back